how many 359s here, how many are ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
and how many are stock and muffler modded.

im just curious

My 359 is 100% stock right now as well. Right now it's my go to saw and before I mess with it I'd like to get my 272 solid. Just finished a total rebuild on the 272 so it might be a few months before I start with the "easy" muffler mod on the 359. Need to pick up a non-cat muffler first though.

My 359 is stock, except for the non-cat muffler.... I definitely plan on doing a muffler mod on it some day, but.... thats probably about it. As much as I would like to - I kinda doubt I would ever get it ported :cry:

good to see lots of 359ners. lol

sorry bout the turbo pics, ther for another forumn but i was useing this one to get them up . im in diesel mood today havent touched a saw atall.

Last edited:
Mine wasn't any good until it got a 357 top end. It is old enough that it does not have a cat muffler. Great saw now I love to use it.

I have the black & red version with a muffler mod and ported. I haven’t had a chance to really run it and tweak it in yet. Here’s a before and after pic, hope it really wants to run.

My brother-in-law ran out of wood last winter so I might just have to go out and help see to it that it doesn’t happen next winter. ;) :D

attachment.php

Ron

it runs much better after hoggin out the lower transfers doesnt it. thanks for sahering the pic. thats a very good before and after. i just noticed you havent ran it yet. man you are in for shocker. that thing will run like rapped ape and youl be lookin under the hood for the 70cc saw. lower transfers look very good.
youl be grinning like ear to ear unstopable

thanks

Evan

Last edited:

I bought my 359 at a yard sale for $65 and all that was wrong with it was the impulse line had fallen off and it needed a new bar and chain. We all know what they cost so i think I made out pretty good. I did a muffler mode but it is not pretty , is there someone out there that will take a stock muffler and do a real pro job on the mod for a decent price? I would also do a port job but still don't know enough about that. I use to work on jets so I am sure I can handle the task if I was taught the proper tech. Anyway it is a good saw and cuts great!

im thinking about getn a new muffler and modding the factory top exit. if it turns out well i may stock up on couple 357 mufflers mod them and send tem out to members. all depends on how the first one turns out.

youd be leaps ahead just swapn on the 357 noncat muffler.

Thumbs up on my 359. I am interested in porting it myself but I am not comfortable enough to try. Would like to see good before and after pics. on a 359. I have searched but have not found. If such pics are out there could you please help me find them.

Latest posts

Back