How old is this 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think over 1k as well .... If you offered me a new, current 660 and this for the same price, I'd take the flat top in a heart beat... these ran really strong right out of the box. (good ignition, good port timing on the non decomp 066's, a muffler that breathes pretty good, and a carb that doesnt ahve to be messed with before you can tune it) A new 660 with no muffler mods or re tuning is not very impressive

Wtf is wrong with you lot? Run the damn saw, anything less is sacrilege, use it for what it's designed for!
If it's mint, bed it in hard, you'll be amazed how the old series of saws run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf is wrong with you lot? Run the damn saw, anything less is sacrilege, use it for what it's designed for!
If it's mint, bed it in hard, you'll be amazed how the old series of saws run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe some of you would think of never gassing this. Its a tool, and a good one at that, meant to do work. Why take a brand new saw and put it on a shelf as a showpiece? Want a shelf queen? Get one that is worn out with a busted crank and a melted piston. You're not going to run it anyways, right?

Me I wouldn't keep it. I have used saws that I can use. I would sell it to a collector that wants a new one to put up. I could buy 5-6 saws for rebuild for the price it would bring.

I wouldn't run it either. Some things are bought new and kept new for collector purposes and, even if that wasn't the original purchasers plan, the result is a great find on a great deal on a great saw that won't be made anymore. I would have a real hard time making a used saw out of that beauty. There's lots of used ones around for that purpose. I've got a couple nice used ones that wifey will make somebody a good deal on when I'm removed from this earth and she is left with all my stuff to get rid of.

What are the chances of ever finding another in the same condition? I hate to say it but it needs to be preserved, getting it dirty would be a shame. It brings back memories of my work-issued 66, loved that saw so much....

It will be from the early to mid 90s. Should be a good runner with a flat top.

Shape of the top cover. There is flat top covers with decomp holes also.

Latest posts

Back