How should I mod this 026 muffler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the 026 running well now and I was wondering if I should mod this muffler. (Sorry to all the basketball fans for dropping the muffler on the basket ball player).

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

Open up the exit some.....adjust your H to give it a bit more fuel.....try it.....open it more if you want. You could try two more holes on either side of the one in the center.

OH....nice clear pics! REP sent!

Last edited:
I just did one just like that. I drilled a 5/16 hole directly above and below the existing hole. The outlet I thought was big enough I didn't mess with it. Adjusted the carb. a little and it runs great. A definite must do.

Fatguy,

That is just some excellent work! I guess you had time to work on the while the Leafs win the cup!!! LMAO.
While you are STIHL waiting wanna make another one????

I just did one just like that. I drilled a 5/16 hole directly above and below the existing hole. The outlet I thought was big enough I didn't mess with it. Adjusted the carb. a little and it runs great. A definite must do.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks 50 blues

Anthony, I do have the adjustable carb so I should be good to go. Thanks

I say go big and loud.I just finished this one on a ported 026 I did.It has a spark screen on it now.Before you make any holes in that muffler make sure you have an H adjustment.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back