How to convince, coerce, jedi mint trick, blackmail my Echo rep....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past you've done nothing but bash Echo every chance you get, sell your Stihl homeowner junk or their good pro saws, turn in your Echo dealership. Steve

I think if you look at my posts I was most supportive of echo. I believe I posted about a couple of timberwolfs that were condemned for casting issues. I also could not believe that echo saws were sent out lean on purpose while many on here insisted they were. No no my friend I am pro Echo. Where many see an inferior product I see a opportunity.

I went to your profile it does not give information as to where your stihl /echo chippers storefront is.
here are some interesting stuff from that profile.
Automotive Engineer
Brought the word Jabroni © to the unwashed masses of AS
One Jabroni © at a time!
Inventor of the patented Jabroni © Tach Clamp
Just a guy with too many saws

You might look up member 166 here he seems to have a Dolmar dealership that sells echo chippers.
Have you tried to get another chipper manufacturer to come to your open house? one that you do not currently carry and has a model that you think might be of benefit to your customers?

Here is some more stuff from your posts in this thread

How to convince, coerce, jedi mint trick, blackmail my Echo rep....

We sell some of the Bearcat line chippers and splitters , no saws since none of the professional outfits would be interested.

To me it seems you are not willing to enter into a contract to sell the entire Echo chainsaw string trimmer etc line. I have no idea what your contract with Stihl is. I thought it odd that Husqvarna Echo, Dolmar, and Oregon with their cordless electric had test it out at the Paul Bunyan show but Stihl stuck with putting on the timbersports and the Stihl dealer association seemed to be hosting carving. Go to a forestry show and test out the echo stuff if that is possible. Kind of sounds like a trap or just trying to get them to come as an advertising ploy for your open house.

I went to your profile it does not give information as to where your stihl /echo chippers storefront is.
here are some interesting stuff from that profile.
Automotive Engineer
Brought the word Jabroni © to the unwashed masses of AS
One Jabroni © at a time!
Inventor of the patented Jabroni © Tach Clamp
Just a guy with too many saws

You might look up member 166 here he seems to have a Dolmar dealership that sells echo chippers.
Have you tried to get another chipper manufacturer to come to your open house? one that you do not currently carry and has a model that you think might be of benefit to your customers?

Here is some more stuff from your posts in this thread

How to convince, coerce, jedi mind trick, blackmail my Echo rep....

We sell some of the Bearcat line chippers and splitters , no saws since none of the professional outfits would be interested.

To me it seems you are not willing to enter into a contract to sell the entire Echo chainsaw string trimmer etc line. I have no idea what your contract with Stihl is. I thought it odd that Husqvarna Echo, Dolmar, and Oregon with their cordless electric had test it out at the Paul Bunyan show but Stihl stuck with putting on the timbersports and the Stihl dealer association seemed to be hosting carving. Go to a forestry show and test out the echo stuff if that is possible. Kind of sounds like a trap or just trying to get them to come as an advertising ploy for your open house.

We have the bearcat chippers, pressure washers and splitters right the show room, we would love to have the rep there for it just to show off their wares AND answer questions of the customers. Usually it is just the pros that come in but we get more and more homeowners coming in as of late. Getting the whole line will just not work because of the reasons I pointed out earlier. People buy what they see being used by the professionals. Also hoping they up their game because dealer support is lacking greatly. No ploy here, well sell their product, we repair their product, we would like them to attend. Much like the Snap-on, Mac, Matco guy... they want our business.. they come by and ask is there anything you guys need... or here look at this new item we have... Being a P.Eng...I spent a great deal of time getting my accreditation so I tend to like keep it.

Gentlemen I need to find a strategy to get my Echo rep to come to my shops open house. /We sell some of the Bearcat line chippers and splitters , no saws since none of the professional outfits would be interested. I do think the homeowners would benefit if we were able to get these saws in.

Why would you expect the rep to attend the open house when you won't even stock the product? If you aren't willing to put some saws on the wall, then you can hardly blame the rep for staying home.

I am in Canada so under penalty of citizenship loss I can not take sides :eek:

I must say the man does speak his mind, so that it itself upsets many.

So it seems he upset a Kraut living in Canukistan as well. Who gives a Sh**

There was no need to even post your comment here, its not needed here and you should just keep that stuff to yourself..

Why would you expect the rep to attend the open house when you won't even stock the product? If you aren't willing to put some saws on the wall, then you can hardly blame the rep for staying home.

You would be correct but we do stock echo products. So I would expect the rep to show up.

I have only seen this guy 3 times. Now there is a new person that I have to chase after to get some answers. I think Echo is just happy to be at the bottom of the rung in all this. While we do not plan on carrying the complete line we ARE authorized to repair the equipment. Instead of the big box stores stores shrugging their collective shoulders as where to get service Echo should point out there are repair facilities in the area. Do not get me started on the Warranty process.. it just makes your head spin! With Stihl I call in and speak to the tech dept.. in less then 2 mins they say yay or nay as to the repair in most cases.
If it was me & I was trying to earn a living & had decided that brand was what I wanted to market. I would contact the distributors, importers, & the company head office.If you get no joy from any of those I would choose a different company It's not your job to find sales for them If they are to lazy or for whatever reason will not assist you go elsewhere.

Back