How to convince wife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen to guys above!!! they know there stuff!

As an alternativ to the echo 590 I would think about the Poulan Pro 5020 for around 200$!!! That would be even worth the hassle with your wife. If you want to stay with the 40cc class get at least a Dolmar 421(~350$)! Built like a pro saw at only 42 cc but behaves like a 50cc saw and absolutly sufficient for about all cutting needs a homeowner could encounter.

You seem like a nice guy and personally I think you should go out and get yourself a nice pro grade 50 cc saw, you deserve it, I'm sure your wife feels the same way. Now go and get your saw and report back to us in a day or two.

Listen to guys above!!! they know there stuff!

As an alternativ to the echo 590 I would think about the Poulan Pro 5020 for around 200$!!! That would be even worth the hassle with your wife. If you want to stay with the 40cc class get at least a Dolmar 421(~350$)! Built like a pro saw at only 42 cc but behaves like a 50cc saw and absolutly sufficient for about all cutting needs a homeowner could encounter.

^^Two viable options. Wifey might even like running the 421. Another prime source is VMInnovations dot com. Lots of factory refutbs, with quoted prices f.o.b. your door via FedEx. Got a couple of great buys there. Ignore the "homelites" though.

Friend tried my PP5020. Packed up his Stihl 250 for sale, and got a 5020. 'Nuff said. (251s new currently go for $320, same as a pro-quality Dolmar 421.)

Never let her see you beg.

So lately I been thinking about getting a new chainsaw. I know what my wife will say you already have one. I been thinking of getting a bigger one mine is just a 34cc I want at least a 40cc I don't really have a need for anything bigger than that. Women don't understand why you need more than one tool that does the same thing. I looked into an echo but been rethinking I might stick with a husky what I have now just bigger. Don't really care about bar length just want a bigger engine. So how to tell her or convince her to say i guess so the best I will get out of her.

Use your own $, not joint account. And make sure you're not using the kids $ for fall clothes & shoes on your saw.

yep I buy all my toys (saws, guns etc.) with cash. Its like my secret 401k

You don't need a bigger saw... you need a ported saw. Send that little sucker out to get massaged.

I agree with the 50cc poulan. Cheap and new with decent quality. Personally, I'd find a blown up saws and get into a great project. I also have the same arrangement you have. I run most everything by my wife. She actually gets sick of it and says.... Go buy one already... Then, a few weeks of research later, I do..:)

I work and my wife works(she makes more than i do) we buy what we want and all the bills get paid
We chose to have just my income, which has meant a few compromises (like not buying a lot of expensive toys), but has had many other benefits. Different choices for different folks. Still, you do not have to spend a lot of money to get a few nice saws and to learn and enjoy working on them and using them. And that includes if you heat exclusively with wood and must rely on them.

What I would do is as mentioned above, get a parts saw and acquire parts for it.
Build it, and you then have another saw. Just keep going from there.

We chose to have just my income, which has meant a few compromises (like not buying a lot of expensive toys), but has had many other benefits. Different choices for different folks. Still, you do not have to spend a lot of money to get a few nice saws and to learn and enjoy working on them and using them. And that includes if you heat exclusively with wood and must rely on them.

I buy a new saw maybe once every couple of years for work. Being a physical therapist my wife isn't gonna quit her job with her salary and after all the school and money spent to go.

husquvarna 445 looks nice

This was our first saw and it's great. Love usin it. But I gotta agree w/ the others who say take at least a 15-20 cc jump for yer next saw, probly the 562xp if I were doing it. BTW...the extra power is probably the best ally you'll find to help you persuade her/justify another saw. But if you insist on just duplicating what you already have, well hell...even I'd be pissed.

I don't need a whole arsenal of saws two maybe three is fine for me. The poulan pro got me thinking that might be something I might like. I really wanted to stick with husquvarna though. the XP are pretty expensive not sure I can get one of those. I really not saying I have to ask for permission to buy a saw just like to let her know why 300 bucks is missing out of the checking or making payment every month.

If you have children and have a college account set up, dip into it, and buy yourself a good pro saw.

Last I've heard, going to college was turning out to be a big waste of $$'s. Who in their right mind would want to go for four years, get a degree, and then end up paying it off for years and years to come, if ever.

If you have children and have a college account set up, dip into it, and buy yourself a good pro saw.

Last I've heard, going to college was turning out to be a big waste of $$'s. Who in their right mind would want to go for four years, get a degree, and then end up paying it off for years and years to come, if ever.
It depends on what you go to college for if you get a MBA in a dying field then yes its a waste. My wife did it, in about a year all her schooling will be paid for.

Dano i thought you were a cop?? Didn't you go to school?? They don't just get hired off the street.

Where are you located Sawsforfun? I've got a very clean PP5020av with case I'd part with. If you're anywhere near St Louis Mo I'd be happy to let you run it before you decide. I may list it on the tradin post soon just for kicks.

You mentioned wanting to stick with Husky. Would it help to say that inside the PP5020's mag clutch cover, there is a Husky "H"™?

Latest posts

Back