how would you price this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWWW Just do it for the wood.

NOT

My kids had one almost identical to that one. Had to tear it down when they quit playing on it .
Took me about 2 hrs with the kids helping me haul it to the curb.
I didn't have cement to deal with though.Just the structure.I cut around the fasteners the best I could with an old chain.

Maybe you should cut it up into carry size pieces, missing all the metal with your chainsaw of course, and throw it into the back of your chip truck. I am not sure if TRC over there on 87 in Newbury will take that or not, but if they do (they take things that I figured they wouldn't), I would dump it there. I would check with them first but I am pretty sure that big tub grinder has a magnet on it keeping the steel out of the mulch product. Not sure if that tub grinder will want to eat that swing set or not, not as well versed in tub grinders as I am chippers.
As for the stuff concreted into the ground, I would cut as low as possible, below grade if you can and call it a day. You will lose much time digging concrete out. I imagine pricing between $700-$1000 is reasonable, but remember, there is usually some unexpected hiccup somewhere along the way on these types of projects, might want to figure that in.

PS - Where do you dump your chips now? I have been dumping at TRC for years, they are a Godsend.

Removal of dead elm top on playset and felling standing trunk part, flush stump, grind stump and level off: $525.00+ tax
Teardown and removal of damaged playset cutting posts flush with concrete anchors and leaving concrete in ground: $475.00+tax
Removing concrete anchors and hauling away debris for an additional $175.00+tax

PS - Where do you dump your chips now? I have been dumping at TRC for years, they are a Godsend.

I dump at a local landscape company/nursery down the street from me, good friends of mine and have a tub grinder also. A few other tree guys around here dump there. What's nice is they'll take just about anything I bring there. stumps, rotted willow, grindings, whatever. I'm lucky we're close buds cause they don't let the other guys dump their bulls##t there. The owner of another nursery up the road pulled in the other day and asked if we wanted to dump our chips there. I told him no thanks I got a spot. He said what if I paid you for them? I said if your willing to buy the chips and take all the s##t I pull off jobs then I might be interested. He got back in his truck and just said "I don't blame ya"

Removal of dead elm top on playset and felling standing trunk part, flush stump, grind stump and level off: $525.00+ tax
Teardown and removal of damaged playset cutting posts flush with concrete anchors and leaving concrete in ground: $475.00+tax

That's pretty much exactly where I'm at. I left a message with her earlier and said 1200.00 + tax. No stump (in the woods) and cutting the posts as low below grade as I can.

$175 ? As wet as he says it is, that concrete is going to be a ##### no matter how you do it. Tow truck took out mine and my neighbors mailboxes couple weeks ago and whne I went to take out the posts the water in the ground had some good suction going and didn't want to let go! F'r still owes me for replacing them too.

Ya I'm trying to avoid dealing with the post anchors. Looks like the wood goes into the ground a little before the concrete. I think if I just dig around them a little and cut em low with an old chain she'd be fine with that.

I dump at a local landscape company/nursery down the street from me, good friends of mine and have a tub grinder also. A few other tree guys around here dump there. What's nice is they'll take just about anything I bring there. stumps, rotted willow, grindings, whatever. I'm lucky we're close buds cause they don't let the other guys dump their bulls##t there. The owner of another nursery up the road pulled in the other day and asked if we wanted to dump our chips there. I told him no thanks I got a spot. He said what if I paid you for them? I said if your willing to buy the chips and take all the s##t I pull off jobs then I might be interested. He got back in his truck and just said "I don't blame ya"

Bremec? I used to dump some loads there in the old days when I worked for Van Curen....that was one interesting guy to work for.....

update

She just left a message saying her ins. co. would pay 1k, could I do it for that? I guess I could now that we're slowing down. One major problem though - I remember seeing a bunch of boards on the ground with nails sticking up and now everything is covered in snow. Hmmm...

She just left a message saying her ins. co. would pay 1k, could I do it for that? I guess I could now that we're slowing down. One major problem though - I remember seeing a bunch of boards on the ground with nails sticking up and now everything is covered in snow. Hmmm...

1K , That sounds very fair, I would go pull the trigger on that job.

$175 ? As wet as he says it is, that concrete is going to be a ##### no matter how you do it. Tow truck took out mine and my neighbors mailboxes couple weeks ago and whne I went to take out the posts the water in the ground had some good suction going and didn't want to let go! F'r still owes me for replacing them too.

You never jacked a concrete post outta da ground? Takes longer to set it up than it does to get them out! Stupid quick and EZ.

Haven't tried it, You mean with a tripod?

Hey, you calling me stupid, quick and easy? That's not nice, reminds of the girls in highschool.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back