Hunter Killed By "Old Growth"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make jokes about everything, including myself, when I die it should be hilarious, otherwise it means I died old and crippled in a f#####g rest home somewhere paying some pimple faced kid to wipe my a##...

So yeah he died doing something he loved, celebrate it, or get of your high horse, everything dies... can't spend all day crying about it. I hope to gods I die doing something I love and some smart ass cracks a joke about it and everyone feels better.

For all that I'll probably live to be 112 and asphyxiate on my own flatulence... which by the way would be hilarious...

This is not a comment on whether hunters or loggers are safer in the woods, but that, my leviathanic friend, is a good post

Last edited:
sounds like some one needs to stop looking for something that is not there. and it very much looks like you have a personal beef with a few folks. but it's the interweb so i guess it's ok. what ever.
No beef, just a honest post on my part. Spout off about incompetent people in the woods and wannabe hunters.... way to "categorize" somebody that has been doing something their whole life....That you DIDN'T know... Funny how a ladder can **** you up, that's the guy I'd rely on in the woods............

I make jokes about everything, including myself, when I die it should be hilarious, otherwise it means I died old and crippled in a f#####g rest home somewhere paying some pimple faced kid to wipe my a##...

So yeah he died doing something he loved, celebrate it, or get of your high horse, everything dies... can't spend all day crying about it. I hope to gods I die doing something I love and some smart ass cracks a joke about it and everyone feels better.

For all that I'll probably live to be 112 and asphyxiate on my own flatulence... which by the way would be hilarious...

Ok thanks for clearing that up.....go pound a wedge. It's a joke

Last edited:
I'd rely on him in the woods any day. Or the guy you just quoted. And the other guy you quoted, for that post I wouldn't buy him a beer, I'd buy him two, well done.

Maybe you should go untwist your knickers. The only one keeping this alive is you. There is a bit of comic relief to it though. Did you know the guy to take this so personal?

If you spent any amount of time in the brush you would understand the comment and wouldn't even have thought twice about it.

Now, learn how to stand up to pee, and get on with your life and leave this go.

Owl

I'd rely on him in the woods any day. Or the guy you just quoted. And the other guy you quoted, for that post I wouldn't buy him a beer, I'd buy him two, well done.

Maybe you should go untwist your knickers. The only one keeping this alive is you. There is a bit of comic relief to it though. Did you know the guy to take this so personal?

If you spent any amount of time in the brush you would understand the comment and wouldn't even have thought twice about it.

Now, learn how to stand up to pee, and get on with your life and leave this go.

Owl

Maybe you and all the "tough loggers" need to READ the story. No I didn't know him personally, And you can buy a beer for whom you want...the guy has been going there since he was a boy, maybe that'll sum it up for your simple minds. I HAVE and DO spend time in the "bush"... Oh tough one. Ever been to you're balls in snow pulling a winch line? Ever spent the night out in the woods because it was too late to go home? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't...I'm done with you simple ####s, brag on about how tough it is out there on the "west coast". And YOU need to stand up and pee...And read the whole picture..........................

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you and all the "tough loggers" need to READ the story. No I didn't know him personally, And you can buy a beer for whom you want...the guy has been going there since he was a boy, maybe that'll sum it up for your simple minds. I HAVE and DO spend time in the "bush"... Oh tough one. Ever been to you're balls in snow pulling a winch line? Ever spent the night out in the woods because it was too late to go home? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't...I'm done with you simple %%%%%, brag on about how tough it is out there on the "west coast". And YOU need to stand up and pee...And read the whole picture..........................

I know what you mean, buddy. Anyone will get enough of knuckle draggers before long, unless you happen to be one of them.

When it comes to the accident. True, absolutely tragic and all. But who the hell told the guy to set up the tent under a mushroom pushing limb?

Bear.JPG Wow a new more sensative group in here since ive been around, now killer elk with pointy teeth and horns (Im scared to go in the woods now or I guess even my yard they frequent our yard) Oh and theres bears out there too Jani came face to face with a 250 pounder a few months ago
Some one thinks Pattys a troll I thought this was the Logging forum did the site get hijacked again.

Last edited:
Maybe you and all the "tough loggers" need to READ the story. No I didn't know him personally, And you can buy a beer for whom you want...the guy has been going there since he was a boy, maybe that'll sum it up for your simple minds. I HAVE and DO spend time in the "bush"... Oh tough one. Ever been to you're balls in snow pulling a winch line? Ever spent the night out in the woods because it was too late to go home? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't...I'm done with you simple $$$$$, brag on about how tough it is out there on the "west coast". And YOU need to stand up and pee...And read the whole picture..........................

Nice language. The automatic word censor must not be working.

Maybe you and all the "tough loggers" need to READ the story. No I didn't know him personally, And you can buy a beer for whom you want...the guy has been going there since he was a boy, maybe that'll sum it up for your simple minds. I HAVE and DO spend time in the "bush"... Oh tough one. Ever been to you're balls in snow pulling a winch line? Ever spent the night out in the woods because it was too late to go home? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't...I'm done with you simple &&&&, brag on about how tough it is out there on the "west coast". And YOU need to stand up and pee...And read the whole picture..........................
just frigin brilliant. what the hell doe's anything you just stated have anything to do with the original post that set you off. yup something a little deeper and troubling going on here. so far you are the only one that 's pissed off about the post and since we are just a bunch of simple f""" s why stay around here and read what we post. like i said before i think your pissed about something that go's way deeper the the original post. got to love the internets .

the great thing about using a spencer tape for carpentry is that you don't have to look for a nail, its already attached... just have to guess what the other end is reading...

You know cause where all dumb loggers and don't know how to use a pencil anyway.

I have walked in the snow after the rigging crew waded through and made a trail. We forester trolls are smart sometimes. There are a couple of guys I liked to follow in the snow because they had short legs too, and it was easier to step in their tracks. Work smart, not hard.

Yup, Brian or whoever you are :), something is very strange about the emotional poster.

Now, the walker should have one calk (pronounced cork) on each leg for use in the woods. Screw in probably would be better than permanent, that way he wouldn't have to get another ladder/walker for going into (if any still exist) businesses with the No Calks, No Guns, No Knives signs. And should our emotional boy object to that sign, it was a common sign in these parts on doors of taverns and bars. Can't change history to be more pro-weaponry.

View attachment 318116 Wow a new more sensative group in here since ive been around, now killer elk with pointy teeth and horns (Im scared to go in the woods now or I guess even my yard they frequent our yard) Oh and theres bears out there too Jani came face to face with a 250 pounder a few months ago
Some one thinks Pattys a troll I thought this was the Logging forum did the site get hijacked again.

Is that the bear she met? Thanks to hunters most of the bears in the woods are shy and will run away. That's a good thing.

Maybe you and all the "tough loggers" need to READ the story. No I didn't know him personally, And you can buy a beer for whom you want...the guy has been going there since he was a boy, maybe that'll sum it up for your simple minds. I HAVE and DO spend time in the "bush"... Oh tough one. Ever been to you're balls in snow pulling a winch line? Ever spent the night out in the woods because it was too late to go home? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't...I'm done with you simple #####, brag on about how tough it is out there on the "west coast". And YOU need to stand up and pee...And read the whole picture..........................

OOO ya got me. A dislike, Oh no.

Some how the PNW guys got the "tough" card laid on us. That was done by others not us. All we do is tell how things are here. I personally don't recall any chest beating on how hard we have it or how tough it is. Out here that is just what is. It's life. Like you have things there, that are just the way it is. The people that come out and don't hack it are the one with that excuses as far as how tough it is.

I didn't need to read the story behind this. The headlines says enough. An innocent life was lost, in my opinion that is one of if not thee most tragic thing that can and does happen. No telling how many lives have been and in the future will be effected. If he has been going there since he was a boy then at least he was in a familiar place that he enjoyed being. Beats the crap out of passing in a car wreck on your way to a job or some other pace you can't stand, or any other myriad of ways to go.

How many times, during your time in the brush have you had some hunter or hiker or what have you come around and be totally lost, pissed because you are ruining their experience, or what have you? That happens very regularly out here. The later more common and these people are less than friendly about there manner.

Way more than balls deep, pulling haywire, bull choker, guy lines, pumping chain jacks for road changes, packing saws and gear, you name it. It's work in the brush, snow is part of the game, nothing to be proud of. It's a job to be done in the conditions we accept per our choice of occupation. Don't be proud of beating your chest from working in snow or spending the night cause it got late, be proud of doing your job and doing it to the best of your abilities, no matter the conditions, be them weather, or whatever. Hang your hat on that at the end of each and every day.

Never once have I bragged how tough it is here. I don't personally know anyone who has. Most worth being around and knowing are humble about what we do, far as I can tell any how.

Don't be done with us. Stay around, I'm sure you have things to teach and people who can and will learn from you. It would be sad to deprive someone of that. Heck I may be able to learn something, cause I sure as hell don't have it all figured out yet, not by a long shot. I learn for anyone I can every chance I get. Just toughen up a bit, somewhere in this you have been or seem to be offended, I don't think anyone should give another person that much power in and over their life. I sure as heck don't, especially here on a website of all places.

As a side note I started standing up to Pee just before I was 2. Called and checked with Mom on that one.

Stick around. Heck I'll buy you three beers if we ever meet up some day.

Owl

Yes, when deer season starts, and it is a prelude to elk season, log decks seem to change in size over the weekends and partially disappear. Some hunters are illiterate and can't read the NO WOODCUTTING signs and even paint applied directly to the decks. If gates are closed to keep the bad ones out of the area, complaints fly. If they arrive and find that their traditional area is now an active logging area, we hear about it.

Like I said before, it is the bad people that stick in my memory the most. I tend to think about all the hunter camp trash I've hauled, instead of the camps that were cleaned up.
Hunting season is a PIA if you work in the forest and or have equipment and logs to worry about. Deer season is annoying, elk season is beastly and frenzied.

Latest posts

Back