Huskvarna 2100 14 tooth race sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Yamaha 350 LC was a rapid bike it would beat a 4 stroke 750 with ease
My cousin had rows of siezed/broken engines for his and a new one on hand all the time.
He had a week in traction after it locked up flat out, I think every part of the bike had been replaced at some time!

Romeo - may be a silly Q but are there any small, 100cc-250cc twin cylinder engines suitable for a saw?

I don't know how you'd cram it in a saw chassis, but a mid 1970's Kawasaki S-1 (250 triple, also known as Mach I) would be interesting.

My brother used to ride a 1975 H-1 (500 triple, Mach III) with expansion chambers on it. Big honkin' hydraulic steering damper (factory equipment by 1975) kept it from doing the Kawasaki tank slapper at 120mph. It would still shake its head, but it wouldn't try to kill you like a 1969 model would.

Last edited:
Now you're talking! I ran a Duncan Racing National Midrange Banshee in the dunes at Silver Lake Michigan for several years. It pretty much took an alky quad to beat it. Loads of fun. It was the most fun flying through the air over a razor back though!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

437280781_6XiQw-L.jpg

midrange as in porting?

Jr, another idea... those 2100s are getting hard to find and parts can command a decent price. You might sell it and put that money towards getting some aggressive porting done on one of those 394s.

Ian
cant sell it. dads milling saw.
BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.
I have thought about a full bore mod on a 394

Is the stihl ms 250 any good. What can I use it for?

Bringing up unrelated conversation in unrelated threads. Other than that it a fairly small consumer grade saw... What more is there to say.

Romeo - may be a silly Q but are there any small, 100cc-250cc twin cylinder engines suitable for a saw? I was thinking of slightly easier starting and a lovely exhaust note. I daresay there are practical considerations to be managed, but it seems like a nice idea.

is anyone actually working with a bikesaw or are they strictly competition creatures?

Like Romeo said, usuall needs to be a single, but if you have to have a twin, this is your engine:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yamaha TZ250. 250cc V-twin. Counterbalanced, light, powerful. The whole bike weighs a little over 200lb.

About 85hp witth the right tune.

Don't mind him hes from Moronto

Please do not judge other Canadians by them.

I'm not from Moronto:laugh: :laugh: But I have a little story from the Canadian wilderness here. About 20 years ago I was at a hotsaw competition up in Thompson . We ran the preliminaries outdoors on saturday and the 3 finalists run off indoors sunday inside a hockey rink. This guy shows up with a Polaris Indy 650 triple cylinder snowmobile engine which he claimed was putting out about 140 HP. 3 tuners ,the whole bit on a 24" bar and chain. We had to make 3 cuts in a dry doug fir 12"x12" and this guy wrestled this thing and made it to the finals. Indoors that thing sounded crazy. There was standing room only. When he cut there was no resistence in the log ,but him wrestling it between cuts seemed like eternity. He came in last and my little YZ showed how it should be done. The judges in Thompson then changed the rules from unlimited hotsaw ,one man only. to unlimited hotsaw, one cylinder,one man only. Common sense usually always prevails and in this case it did.

Nice saw Romeo any vids?
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/redprospector/?action=view&current=SeanHotSaw.flv

I'm not from Moronto:laugh: :laugh: But I have a little story from the Canadian wilderness here. About 20 years ago I was at a hotsaw competition up in Thompson . We ran the preliminaries outdoors on saturday and the 3 finalists run off indoors sunday inside a hockey rink. This guy shows up with a Polaris Indy 650 triple cylinder snowmobile engine which he claimed was putting out about 140 HP. 3 tuners ,the whole bit on a 24" bar and chain. We had to make 3 cuts in a dry doug fir 12"x12" and this guy wrestled this thing and made it to the finals. Indoors that thing sounded crazy. There was standing room only. When he cut there was no resistence in the log ,but him wrestling it between cuts seemed like eternity. He came in last and my little YZ showed how it should be done. The judges in Thompson then changed the rules from unlimited hotsaw ,one man only. to unlimited hotsaw, one cylinder,one man only. Common sense usually always prevails and in this case it did.

The slowest part on my 250's is the operator, I am still trying new things to get these things lighter. Some of my new stuff will be using lots of plastics, carbon fiber and titanium (I am still experimenting). My first saw wore more than 50 pounds of cast iron (RIP). You get to a point where power isn't an issue anymore. Lord knows I have seen some weird backyard saws at shows but I cant imagine wrestling a triple through a 12X12.

Where you would come out with a light weight twin would be a single or 2 cut hot start contest. We had some big log hot start races a few years ago but I think they are all cold start shows now. I can only think of the West Coast races that still run big log/ hot start contests, but they are still single cylinder races and you can't beat a buick in the unlimited class with a twin.

A few years back when organizing our festivals saw competition, I tried something different hoping to get more people entering the events. Up on the stage I stacked 3 12x12 on top of each other ,looked pretty impressive from the audiance area, 3 feet of white spruce. The wall of wood was impressive but stopped using it for safety reasons in the hotsaw class.

Is the stihl ms 250 any good. What can I use it for?

Makes a superb doorstop.

As for Bull$hit Junior, I think you'd be able to amuse yourself a bit trying 8t and 9t rims on the 2100, with different amounts of depth on your chains. Work on technique, keeping the saw in the powerband it wants, your down-up-down transitions, etc. Then get something more modern to port (with an eye towards racing, rather than milling) and to run if racing is your thing.

I will disagree with anyone who says to build a 394/395 instead of your 2100. Use the saws you can find parts for to do work.
2100vs395.jpg

Got'em there by 1/3 a cookie. There are some clasic saws that still today show up well in races. After a racing saw is just a case with custom crank carb and top end. Soon as you say custom it really does not matter what the case looks like the importaint parts could be altogether different.

Back