husky 350 and echo 510, any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wahlturfcare

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
there is a guy by me who has a echo 510 and a husky 350 saw that work great and was wondering if either were any good? I am fond of echo's small equipment and pole saws, but never used their hand saws. I also love husky saws. i have a 340, 335xpt and 394xp, how would the 350 rate for power?

he wants $125 for the 350 and $140 for the 510

I can’t comment on the echo, but the husky 350 are great little chainsaws. If set up with a narrow kerf bar and Oregon 95vp chain, they will do everything a homeowner could ask. Only problem I have ever found with this saw is that the kill wire occasionally falls out of its detent on the kill switch. Easy fix or you can just choke the saw off. Power is similar to the old 346xp, just less speed. Money seems spot on for a used 350.

Be aware of one thing with the 350, for some time they were notorious for the muffler bolts to back out and the muffler falls off. I had one some time ago, and no matter what I tried the bolts insisted on backing out and hitting the dirt.
If you can get the serial number of the saw, give a Husky dealer a call and find out if this was one of the affected saws.
The 350 that I had was built in 03 and was a real PIA.

I can’t comment on the echo, but the husky 350 are great little chainsaws. If set up with a narrow kerf bar and Oregon 95vp chain, they will do everything a homeowner could ask. Only problem I have ever found with this saw is that the kill wire occasionally falls out of its detent on the kill switch. Easy fix or you can just choke the saw off. Power is similar to the old 346xp, just less speed. Money seems spot on for a used 350.

I would agree 100% . Have run the 350 for the last 3yrs and now the 450 to, am really happy with both. I also think the narrow kerf is perfect on these saws, they seem to have more power and are alot faster than they should be with this combo. I have two same size saws that cost more than the 350 and neither will out cut the 350/450 by much. Good saw for the money!

I would agree 100% . Have run the 350 for the last 3yrs and now the 450 to, am really happy with both. I also think the narrow kerf is perfect on these saws, they seem to have more power and are alot faster than they should be with this combo. I have two same size saws that cost more than the 350 and neither will out cut the 350/450 by much. Good saw for the money!

The NK chain is the clue on those saws....

there is a guy by me who has a echo 510 and a husky 350 saw that work great and was wondering if either were any good? I am fond of echo's small equipment and pole saws, but never used their hand saws. I also love husky saws. i have a 340, 335xpt and 394xp, how would the 350 rate for power?

he wants $125 for the 350 and $140 for the 510

See if he would take $225 for the package deal. I can't comment on the 350.
I've got a CS-520 Echo and couldn't be happier with it. Starts easy, cuts well after removing the limiting caps on the carb and is built rock solid. I've got a 20" bar on my 520 and after a slight muffler mod, it pulls it very nicely. I'm certain that if I dropped to a 16" b/c I would be very happy with the speed through the cut. You'll find that many people are not Echo lovers, but they are usually people who have never ran them and think that all professional saws must be orange or red.

Good luck, the prices seem pretty decent...
I can smell CAD sitting in..

TFB

Latest posts

Back