Husky 372....getting parts for in the future

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have located a new Husky 372 at my local dealer. Based on everyone's recommendation, I am thinking that I may need to go ahead and purchase it before it gets sold and I can't find another one. Since I generally take good care of my equiptment, I will probably still have the saw in 15 years or so easily. I am wondering if I still will be able to find any replacement part for the saw in 15 years or so? How well does Husky maintain their parts supplies for discontinued saw models. I know that a lot of companies slowly start to let their parts supplies dry up as time goes on, especially after 10 to 15 years or so.

There is a lot of aftermarket support for the 372s also. There should be parts for a long time for them.

I think youll be able to find parts for it long after most of us become obsolete. Thats one of huskys most popular saws and someone will be making parts for them for a long time.

Quit worrying and get it. Go cut and enjoy yourself. To think you are worried about something 15 years down the road is crazy. There are guys on this site finding parts for their saws which were made in the 50s and even before!

The 372 will probably be one of the last saws from the current era to run out of parts. I'll probably be dead long before the last 372.

If you are worried about parts you should buy a spare 372 or 2 or 8. Never hurts to have a few “extra” saws kicking around in original boxes unused in original packing. May come in handy someday. Just bought another myself!

The 372xp was about the best husqvarna ever produced and they made zillions of them. Aftermarket parts and parts saws will be available long after both of us are dead. Rumor mill has I that the current husky strato 576xp will be renamed as a 372xp soon. Time will tell if this actually happens but it will then be a strato and not the same animal.

What Husky models does some of the parts of the 372 swap with?
The 365, 362, are two that come to mind, and there's probably more, I know that some Jonsered parts are shared as well. Buy the 372! its a great saw, Parts are easy to get, and Husqvarna supports their saws for many years, I can still get anything I need for the 272's and other vintage stuff as well.

Any experience versus the 266? have a cylinder that is open port rebuilding but. Could be a 26 cylinder. Was told the bakilite mount on the carb causes a gas vapor problem that makes it impossible to run back to back tanks if the weather is hot enough. That guys solution is to bring a set of them in the woods. sounds kind of loopy to me

Was it 06? Husky threatened to discontinue the 372, Baileys sold them for 500, bought one and FMC built it for me, still got it. Should have bought 50 of them.

Ya Dennis, I lost the FMC 372 and thought someone stole it but found it 2 Weeks ago in the bush 200 ft from my shack a year later. Still runs.

I wouldn't worry about spare parts. As long as the chainsaws work, I will bet that Husky will create spare parts since it's an income to the company.

Back