Husky 372xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Greetings all, I've been voraciously reading this forum as I'm in the market for a bigger saw to handle the load for the Heatmor. I appreciate all I have read, thusfar. I love my little 141, it's taken the heavy load for 3 years, but for the sake of my arms and back, it's time to "retire" my wife's gift to me (hey, she was trying and I love her and the saw for it) in favor of more power. The 141 will see duty as the trail saw on the quad for those occasional downed trees. That said, the local dealer has 372xps in stock. What I want to know is what to look for to be sure I'm getting the 75cc saw, not the 70.7cc. Are the big bore saws only available as full wrap handle saws? No big deal, but would prefer the half-wrap.

Greetings all, I've been voraciously reading this forum as I'm in the market for a bigger saw to handle the load for the Heatmor. I appreciate all I have read, thusfar. I love my little 141, it's taken the heavy load for 3 years, but for the sake of my arms and back, it's time to "retire" my wife's gift to me (hey, she was trying and I love her and the saw for it) in favor of more power. The 141 will see duty as the trail saw on the quad for those occasional downed trees. That said, the local dealer has 372xps in stock. What I want to know is what to look for to be sure I'm getting the 75cc saw, not the 70.7cc. Are the big bore saws only available as full wrap handle saws? No big deal, but would prefer the half-wrap.

The 372XPW is the 75cc and I am not sure if you can get those in Michigan or not. They are the full wrap models, but there are also 71cc models with the full wrap. You can get the 71cc in a half wrap. You can check them out on Bailey's site and also Amicks has the catalog in their forum.

Yeah, the dealer mentioned that 372s are in short supply in MI because of emissions rules and that he only got so many every year and once they sold for '08, that was it. Maybe I should wait for them to sell out and be "forced" to order a 390:chainsaw: ? Don't really need that, though. Have a lot of places to spend the extra $200...

I wouldn't get all bent out of shape on that. Nothing wrong with the 72cc version, people have been happy with them for years. Nice little saw.

Mark

If you are forced to get the full wrap, you should not have a problem trading for a half wrap on here.

Husky guys: Should there be a tag on the saw somewhere that says it's true cc's?

Welcome!

I believe the 75cc ones are only sold with full wraps - but nothing wrong with the 71cc ones - one of the best saws made, and a true classic.

The 75cc ones probably is an EPA-imposed alternative, with more restictions - as they make about the same power (4.0 vs 3.9kW), unless when modded.

Don't believe the hp statement for the 75cc one in the 2008 catalog, as it obviously is a misprint (no chanse that 4.0kW is 5.6hp - more like 5.45). The stated weight doesn't add up either......

Last edited:
Well, you just said the magic words! Boooooo on the EPA deal, I'll go for the half-wrap, no BS saw! That's why I'm ducking the 575s. Thanks for clearing things up for me, guys.

After running the 141 even the "small" 372 will put a big smile on your face.
You can look at my sig below to see how I would know. After you get the new saw let us know how you like it.

Well, you just said the magic words! Boooooo on the EPA deal, I'll go for the half-wrap, no BS saw! That's why I'm ducking the 575s. Thanks for clearing things up for me, guys.

The 575 will have more low end grunt which is good for hardwoods, and it will use less mix than the 372. Both goods saws, don't discount the 575 for being a Strato saw.

For 3cc's I would not be concerned about getting an xpw. If you want a half wrap anyway get the 372xp. You will be very happy with that saw. It is nice to have another smaller saw to go with the 372xp for trailblazing and cutting small stuff up as well as limbing duty at the end of the day when the big saw is getting heavy.

something definitive...experts chime in please.

372xpw- x-torq saw or not?

I've searched this topic and have read yes and no.

All things being equal...other than cc's and wrap....what is different about this version if anything? will one respond better to mods?

The smaller 372 is the tried and tested saw that most folks love. The bigger one is the EPA friendly choked out saw that needs more displacement to make the same power. Go with the 71cc version.

something definitive...experts chime in please.

372xpw- x-torq saw or not? ....

No.

The smaller 372 is the tried and tested saw that most folks love. The bigger one is the EPA friendly choked out saw that needs more displacement to make the same power. Go with the 71cc version.

Yes.

Last edited:
you would have a hard time telling which saw was which if someone didn't tell you that one was 74.5 cc

They run neck and neck out of the box. The both respond well to mods and are so close it isn't much to make a big deal out of.

All things being equal...other than cc's and wrap....what is different about this version if anything? will one respond better to mods?

The 372XP is easier to modify. Simple muffler, simple carb, easy to modify jug and piston.

The 575 with it autotune carb thingy is not going to be easy to modify for a while. Also the 575 is considerably heavier

Back