Husky 372xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 372XP is easier to modify. Simple muffler, simple carb, easy to modify jug and piston.

The 575 with it autotune carb thingy is not going to be easy to modify for a while. Also the 575 is considerably heavier

he meant differences in the 70.7cc version and 74.5 version. He already ruled out the 575

I have a 372xp-71 cc version. awsome saw overall.....but now im lookin for a lighter and smaller saw (60 or so cc) for limbing and fence line work LOL

So if the 372xpw is the "EPA friendly choked out saw" How exactly is it different than the 372xp. What parts are not the same?

I ask because I went to my local dealer today to buy a 372xp and they didn't have any on the shelf. I asked the sales guy, not a tech, where his 372's were. He went on and on how they were one of the greatest saws husky ever produced and was sad that they didn't make them anymore. That's when I pointed out that it was not in the 2007 lineup but it was back for 2008. I showed him and he was shocked. He called his dealer rep. and got him out of bed to see if he could get me one. I told him I may be interested in the 372xpw version and the rep said there were none on the east coast but they could get me one if I wanted. That's why I have all the questions. Part of me always wants something that is different or hard to get I guess. I just want to be sure it's as good as the tried and true older version.

I am not aware of any EPA devices on the bigger 372. Dont worry, if your dealer can get you one I would go for it. Its still the same saw that made the 372XP legendary. Its still a lightweight and smooth powerhouse.

Dealers will be able to get them in 2008 until all of Husqvarna's EPA credits are used, and then you will not be able to get a new one from a dealer for the rest of the year.

Get the 372, 71cc version! They are awesome saws overall. My dealer said that has a couple that need new top ends and I'm going to buy them and build one or 2. I don't want to buy a new one even though it is tempting!:rock: :D :rockn: :)

I am not aware of any EPA devices on the bigger 372. Dont worry, if your dealer can get you one I would go for it. Its still the same saw that made the 372XP legendary. Its still a lightweight and smooth powerhouse.

Dealers will be able to get them in 2008 until all of Husqvarna's EPA credits are used, and then you will not be able to get a new one from a dealer for the rest of the year.

Only epa devices are choked up transfers on the 51mm jug (74.5) it looks like a 365 jug if ya have ever seen one. The 70.7cc version is more free flowing.

When the XPW's came out with the 74.5cc everyone went on a crazy rave about how they were going to be so badazz, but the 74.5 cylinder was a revamp from the 375K chop saw. Not sure about the epa credits, but I heard they had less credits with the bigger cylinder.

Either way, they both run great out of the box and they run side by side. Only noticable difference i could tell was the bigger cylinder had just an ever so slightly little more torque. Not enough to write home to mom about, though.

Either way, they both run great out of the box and they run side by side. Only noticable difference i could tell was the bigger cylinder had just an ever so slightly little more torque. Not enough to write home to mom about, though.

Yes, but Ed has stated that the 75cc one takes (his) mods even better than the 71cc one, and even beats the modded 7900s.......:)

Yes, but Ed has stated that the 75cc one takes (his) mods even better than the 71cc one, and even beats the modded 7900s.......:)

Modded they do excellant. I have one from a memeber on another site. It kicks the snot out of a stock or muffler modded 7900, but it is a short bar play saw....

Cpr

Thanks for clearing up some things on the differences on the 372s and, for that matter, the 575s. I believe the 372 half wrap is where I'm going to go as the dealer has them in stock.

Now, time to start searching on muffler mods, he he he.

CPR

Cpr

FWIW, I did stop yesterday and check out the Stihl saws. MS361 was one of them. They are great saws. My inlaws have Stihls and I have never been disappointed with how they run. I guess I'm sorta stubborn:bang: , I like my saws orange and tractors red:hmm3grin2orange: .

FWIW, I did stop yesterday and check out the Stihl saws. MS361 was one of them. They are great saws. My inlaws have Stihls and I have never been disappointed with how they run. I guess I'm sorta stubborn:bang: , I like my saws orange and tractors red:hmm3grin2orange: .

The MS361 isn't comparable to the 372xp, it is a lighter and less powerfull saw - but also my favourite one.....:rockn: :rockn:

True, but they didn't have any 441s to look at. They had 361s and the bigger 450s. The 450 rescue was kinda cool...

CPR

That Husky is called the MS361......:D :ices_rofl: .
I dont have any experience with the 361, but in my personal opinion, I think he should get a 50cc saw like the ps5100 dolmar. I say this cause I wanted a smaller saw than the 372 & the 361 wasnt quite small enough, or much of a difference for me from the 372. Another words if I a 361 & a 372 sitting on the shelf next to each other I'd grab the 372 every time. Now I say this without ever having used a 361. I currently have the dolmar & I do grab it over the husky for smaller stuff & limbing. The fact that it costs less is good too. I say all of this do to the fact that he has a 372. Now if I only could buy one saw I'd probably get the 372 for the money/power bang. Dissagree?:)

I dont have any experience with the 361, but in my personal opinion, I think he should get a 50cc saw like the ps5100 dolmar. I say this cause I wanted a smaller saw than the 372 & the 361 wasnt quite small enough, or much of a difference for me from the 372. Another words if I a 361 & a 372 sitting on the shelf next to each other I'd grab the 372 every time. Now I say this without ever having used a 361. I currently have the dolmar & I do grab it over the husky for smaller stuff & limbing. The fact that it costs less is good too. I say all of this do to the fact that he has a 372. Now if I only could buy one saw I'd probably get the 372 for the money/power bang. Dissagree?:)

I agree, my favorites are the the 70cc saws. Its a toss up between the modded 440, modded 372 and stock 7900.

Then the 5100 comes out for the small stuff. As much as I love my 036, it doesn't get used that much due to me wanting to grab the 70cc saws first for the bigger stuff and the 5100 for the smaller stuff.

I agree, my favorites are the the 70cc saws. Its a toss up between the modded 440, modded 372 and stock 7900.

Then the 5100 comes out for the small stuff. As much as I love my 036, it doesn't get used that much due to me wanting to grab the 70cc saws first for the bigger stuff and the 5100 for the smaller stuff.

+1 agree completely!

Steve,
Just keep running the 70cc saws, and leave the 5100 in the truck. You'll get done quicker.:laugh:

Andy

The MS361 isn't comparable to the 372xp, it is a lighter and less powerfull saw - but also my favourite one.....:rockn: :rockn:

I really like my 357xp too! Nobody's mentioned that one yet, but for limbing, I like my 353.

Latest posts

Back