Husky 372xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have any experience with the 361, but in my personal opinion, I think he should get a 50cc saw like the ps5100 dolmar. I say this cause I wanted a smaller saw than the 372 & the 361 wasnt quite small enough, or much of a difference for me from the 372. Another words if I a 361 & a 372 sitting on the shelf next to each other I'd grab the 372 every time. Now I say this without ever having used a 361. I currently have the dolmar & I do grab it over the husky for smaller stuff & limbing. The fact that it costs less is good too. I say all of this do to the fact that he has a 372. Now if I only could buy one saw I'd probably get the 372 for the money/power bang. Dissagree?:)

Yeah, I disgree - the weight and bulk difference between the 372xp and the MS361 is very notisable!!!!!

..but the difference between the 361 and the 5100 isn't that pronounced - and there is a lot of power difference.....

Last edited:
Yeah, I disgree - the weight and bulk difference between the 372xp and the MS361 is very notisable!!!!!

..but the difference between the 361 and the 5100 isn't that pronounced - and there is a lot of power difference.....

I believe you would know since you own them, but I wonder seriously just how much more power the 361 has over the 5100. Then there is the for the money factor. I love saws. I dont really care what they are, if they are quality equipment I dont care if its pink or gray, but if I can get a 5100 for 250 to 300 dollars cheaper that extra power the 361 has will dissappear quickly for me. Now, if I had some free cash, or just won a raffle for a new saw, I'd probably have to get me a new 361:biggrinbounce2: How much does the 361 powerhead weigh? The 5100 weights 11.2lbs & has what, 3.9hp? Thats like 2.87lbs per horse. If my math is right thats not to bad. Check the 361 & see what the diff is.

Todd.

Back