husky 395 firewood saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc50bmgsniper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i'm in the process of buying a new husky 395 for firewood use and everybody is telling me i'm a fool and why do i need this big of a saw. i currently use a well maintained and running husky 257 and just want more power for the big stuff and i also want to get a alaskan chainsaw mill someday and think the 395 will do both jobs very well(firewood and milling). even the dealer is trying to steer me away from the 395 and is trying to sell me a 372 instead.

I augmented my 036 with an 066 and think they make a perfect pair, so your pumpkin-looking saws would be equally nicely paired, I'd think.

If you can swing it, you might take your dealer up on that 372 while you still can.&nbsp; Its replacement is a <i>tank</i>.

I use a 395 for cutting firewood. Just put a 20" bar on and you can hog thru wood like warm butter. You can see my list of saw and I just cut firewood and I don't sell any

That's funny, my dealer tried to get me to take a 372 instead of a 385. I insisted on the 385 and I'm glad I did. I even took the 44" bar off his hands that he couldn't get rid of. What's the deal with this? Why wouldn't they want to sell the larger saw?

I got my 395 from Farm and Fleet when they was going out of business
I couldn't pass it up $189 with a 36" bar no chain ,book ,or scrench :)

Redbull said:
That's funny, my dealer tried to get me to take a 372 instead of a 385. What's the deal with this? Why wouldn't they want to sell the larger saw?
They're probably all trying to get rid of their "obsolete" models from stock now.
By NO means is a 372 an obsolete machine IMO.

If you have the muscle, get it, usually I use my 372 but if the logs are decked (like in my driveway) my 394 is the cats meow.

Run what you want..........the 395 is a club but is full of power.......so if your not dragging it up and down a hillside all day you should be good to go.......enjoy!!

If you want a big saw check out one of the 4 ehp has listed for $650 that is a better deal than any new 395 can be had. And with the extra might as well get it ported. That should make those firewood pieces and milling board jump apart.

ccicora said:
If you want a big saw check out one of the 4 ehp has listed for $650 that is a better deal than any new 395 can be had. And with the extra might as well get it ported. That should make those firewood pieces and milling board jump apart.

Where do we find those, do you have a link ?

Hey sniper - I don't doubt for a minute that any devil dog who can hump a fifty around would have a problem swinging a 395 around a woodpile.

But I would go for the 372XP myself for the firewood. The milling saw is a different story. ;)

I ordered a 395 from Bailey's and when I opened the box I said, now that is a big saw! Unfortunately it had the side-plate/clutch-cover cracked in shipping.Had to send it back with the 32" bar that was for a Stihl.
I have a 365, 281, and 288. I don't think I would like to swing the 395 around to cut firewood. But if you had only one saw that had to perform both jobs I'm sure it would be up to the task. My 288 is 15+ years old and it has performed superbly on everything I've cut to date.(Just had to have a 395.) IMHO, get two saws, one for firewood, one for milling. :jester:

Back