Husky blows up the aftermarket cylinder world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to post a link to Baileys page for the cylinder kits. I wasn't looking to advertise for them..just thought you guys might be interested to see where they have OEM pricing at

That seems like a fair peice for an oem top end. One thing I see happening and this may be a good thing or not. But used cylinders should come down in price now. I mean when you buy a used cylinder and add $30 for a meteor piston that cylinder is going to have to be pretty cheap to justify not spending a little more and buy new.

That seems like a fair peice for an oem top end. One thing I see happening and this may be a good thing or not. But used cylinders should come down in price now. I mean when you buy a used cylinder and add $30 for a meteor piston that cylinder is going to have to be pretty cheap to justify not spending a little more and buy new.
with the new price I rather buy new c&p

Thanks, off to the trash with it then..
I hope that you pulled the carb & ignition module to toss in the parts box.
I'd save the recoil assy too...never know what the pulley may fit later on.

On a whim, I used a metering block from one of these ebz8500 carbs
(Walbro WYA-155)
to put on the Echo pb-500 (Walbro WLA-1).
Without needing to bother the metering lever or spring, It let me dial in the Echo to not
run lean. Can get a little bit of fat splutter at richest setting now vs the lean
that made the motor have that "cooked metal" odor.

And as for the ignition module? Seems like guys are often finding a cross use for ignitions on other units/saws!

I hope that you pulled the carb & ignition module to toss in the parts box.
I'd save the recoil assy too...never know what the pulley may fit later on.

On a whim, I used a metering block from one of these ebz8500 carbs
(Walbro WYA-155)
to put on the Echo pb-500 (Walbro WLA-1).
Without needing to bother the metering lever or spring, It let me dial in the Echo to not
run lean. Can get a little bit of fat splutter at richest setting now vs the lean
that made the motor have that "cooked metal" odor.

And as for the ignition module? Seems like guys are often finding a cross use for ignitions on other units/saws!

You know that's how my piles of crap keep getting bigger don't you? Actually I forgot to put it in with the trash, its in the back building. Probably is a good idea to save the ign, I noticed when looking for the P/C that it list for over $70. My problem is I won't bother to tag it and 3 months from now I won't have a clue where it came from or what off. LOL

Still like to know how in the hell a piston, cylinder and ign module add up to about 75 percent of the retail cost of the complete new blower?

You want the carb? I guess any time you can fit Husqvarna parts to a Echo it has to be a plus..

Anybody want a job shipping parts? :dizzy:

So, today this big box arrives........but not big enough it turns out. Plenty of 346 kits, but the 30 372 kits weren't there, even though they were on the packing slip. Typical customer service phone call frustration. Will be rectified on Monday, and more kits are on the way. Didn't get the kits, but I do have an "incident number". Any of you guys want an incident number instead? :laugh: I already have some 372 kits, so some will go out Monday anyway.

Also looks like some part numbers have been replenished down there, so they already have more stuff coming in.

well ill be taking a big hit on the 15 cylinder kits that I already had sitting on the shelf but good thing is I have 40 coming at the new lower pricing. once this order arrives ill make another. one thing this will do is start repairing a bunch of saws that normally would be warrantied and replaced because of going over the 50% mark to repair.

Thanks Spike for passing this on to the masses, I wonder how many dealers keep this new price list their little secret. No surprise your busier than a bee shipping out parts. This is a game changer for many getting saws back into service. Well done being so honest and forthcoming to the membership. Kudos to you.

Anybody want a job shipping parts? :dizzy:

So, today this big box arrives........but not big enough it turns out. Plenty of 346 kits, but the 30 372 kits weren't there, even though they were on the packing slip. Typical customer service phone call frustration. Will be rectified on Monday, and more kits are on the way. Didn't get the kits, but I do have an "incident number". Any of you guys want an incident number instead? :laugh:

Can I port an incident number kit and install it on my Husqvarna 136?

I am submitting this purely as additional evidence that these prices are looking to NOT be a mistake. In no way am I attempting to divert any potential business away from Spike60, wouldn't dream of it.

Anyway, I was just checking Baileys again and the new pricing is reflected there as well. When I was on their page last night, only a couple of kits were significantly cheaper than the rest... But now, almost all kits are remarkably cheap!! I'm guessing a major price change took place on the page and was the reason I was no longer able to get in..

Anyway, see for yourselves: https://www.baileysonline.com/Chain...-Cylinder-Assemblies-for-Husqvarna-Chainsaws/

OEM 357xp kit is actually cheaper than Meteor!

Another update:

They are out of the standard 357 until sometime in Feb. I did order some of those kits that have the extra port for the auto-deco. I will include the "cap and clamp" to cover the port at no charge. It's cool if anyone doesn't want that; just let me know.

Also on the 346 kits; there is a second 44.3 kit that few know about. It is a non-deco cylinder just like the original 42mm cylinder was. I will also have some of those kits available. Some guys may prefer them; but it's really all a matter of what we can get.

Just want to be upfront with everything. Nobody will not know what's heading their way. :)

Doesn't the non-deco 44.3mm kits just come with a plug in place of the deco?

Back