husky cuts 2-3" sideways, then binds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Bar / New chain, something is dulling the side of the chain that the saw travels away from. On another side, I did have a learning curve with my 353 not having the bar perpendicular with the grips.

Attachments

• DSC04294.JPG
    DSC04294.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 28

I agree with TRTermite. Sounds like the bar isn't sitting right due to a stud being pulled out some and so one side of the chain is rubbing on the plate and wearing off the edge/tip after several cuts. Hence one side of chain is dull and the other still sharp.​

The bar studs have a flat collar that is supposed to sit flat with the case. Is either bar stud pulled out siightly?

That may be partially my fault, I may have been too harsh on the OP in some of my posts. I need to go back and read what I said or asked.

(edit) I believe it was a problem with his saw, not the bar and chain. We saw damage to the internal plate, but no other pictures of the inside of the mounting area. He admitted it was so dirty he didn't even notice the damage. Evidentially, from his own admission, it was full of saw dust and chips. Don't know how he took the clutch off with a saw that was filled with debris. It certainly looked like a new clutch to me, we may never know.

Good luck with that one. There are two things that cause that problem, bad bar or chain dull on one side. If the chain is contacting the saw causing it to dull well it is still a dull chain on one side. Yes it would be nice if the op let us know as that is how we all learn.

Latest posts

Back