Husky question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
As you all know, I have a new husky 350. Also got a 55R

If I remove the limiter caps from the carb, will I void my warranty.
I want to be able to richen up the HS just a tad on the 55 & its already all the way out (as far as I can get it with the caps on it)

Mike

What makes you think you need to richen up the high speed setting? Is the saw kind of chugging a bit at full throttle?

Limiter caps:

Hi Mike, check your PM's and as far as the limiter caps go I've carefully removed them from other equipment , adusted the carbs and put them back on. Who's to know what the carb was adjusted to in the beginning. Just set the carb where you want it before you you reinstall them. Take care. Lewis.

The saw(S) run fine. I plan to open the mufflers on both of them & want to make sure i can adjust the HS where it needs to be.

Limiter Caps:

Good idea to adjust carb after modifying muffler. I've found that on some carbs if you warm up the caps say with a light bulb or heat lamp they will come off easier. Not saying that they might not possibly distort a bit or still break, just keep the heat on them for a while and keep the heat on while removing, either use a sheet metal screw to get them off, if you need to or if you can get underneith them with something, try to pull them straight off.. Course everyone knows not to use any type of open flame right? Might even try the heat from a pencil type soldering iron to warm them up for removal. I'd like to know how this works for you.Good luck. Lewis.

Last edited:
Those saws have a two stage limiter cap and you can pull it up enough for it to free the adjusting screw and go down through the middle of the limiter cap and adjust the carb. You can them push the caps back on without taking them off. Echo makes a tool to take the limiter caps off the CS-3000 series saw you can use to do this. You could use a small screw like maybe a 2 or 3 mm and screw it down into the small hole in the caps watch the holder for the limiter caps and as you pull it up the holder will start to lift up with the limiter cap. turn it easy and take a screwdrive and push down on the holder until it snaps back down. Take a small bladed screw drive that will fit in the hole and adjust the carb. and when finished push the limiter back on.

I wouldn't worry about removing the limiter caps as a reason to void your warranty because modifying the mufflers will take care of voiding the warranty.

My most recent 'brand new' saw , my 7900, had the limiter caps removed befroe I ever put gas in it.

Limiter Caps:

Saving the limiter caps is fine, if you can, so that they can be reinstalled to keep the adjusting screws from backing out. Seems like I read a thread where somebody buggered up the threads on the screws to keep them from backing out. I thought that sounded pretty professional (barbaric). Any mods to a saw, would void the warrenty, but depends if the dealer is willing to work with you. I would suspect that if the operator felt the saw was running lean for some reason, that the dealer would rather he adjusted the carb instead of burning the saw up. Especially if the operator had experience with saws in the woods and the dealer felt he knew what he was doing. My question is, are replacement caps available from the dealer or can he get them to replace them after he adjusts the carb himself. On about every new piece of equipment I own, I've removed the caps and threw them away, but usually do my own repairs, make sure I run the proper gas/oil mix and do proper cleaning and maintenace on it. So don't worry about much warrenty work. By the time I think about any warrenty work, the warranty has run out anyway. I do my own mods for a bit off addd performance or economy and don't worry about the warrenty, unless something drasticly happens (such as premature breakage of a part). Usually if you buy quality equipment and treat it right it will last for years. At least that's what I like to think. JMO. Lewis.

Back