husky saw pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodhaven

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was in to my local dealer yesterday and noticed the 346 and 357 were both priced at $789.00. Just seems a bit odd to me. Why would they ask the same money for a smaller saw. Anyway, it seems the husky prices are way out of line in my area. Why would someone pay $789 for A 357 WHEN A MS 361 CAN BE HAD FOR $650.00!

Sounds like a common theme in Canada. In Australia Huskys are generally cheaper than Stihls. In Canada the exact opposite from many threads I read...

Yep, I just paid $ 740. for a 346, some dealers are as high as $800 some are as low as $725, my dealer is also a customer of mine so it made good business sense. Now if there were more that $100 diff between a Sthil or Husky I would go with the lest expensive.

K

When I was shopping for my first saw back in april I had no idea what to buy, but after talking to a few of the local dealers I at least knew I wanted a pro saw. Based on that, it seemed like an easy decision as I was looking for a 50 cc saw. The 346 was $789. and the ms 260 was $549. The Husky dealer could not tell me why his saw was priced so much higher and didn't seem to know if it was any better than the 260. Hindsight being what it is, I probably would have spent the extra money on the 346, but he did not sell the virtues of his saw, so I ended up with the 260. I then ended up finding that the 260 did not have the power I was looking for and bought a 361. So what initially seemed like a sensible decision turned out to cost me more in the end.:givebeer:

I saw both saws in a dealership here in the us today. The 346xp was $489.00 UDS and the 357xp was $699.00 USD. I think the 357 was priced wrong.

I would be buying the $499 346xp for sure!

K

I have both :)

Would not pay $699 for a new 357, but got a fair price on a like new 2 year
old 357 from a member here. Thanks Matt!

Will buy another 346xp later. Just cause I want another :cheers:

Latest posts

Back