Husky x-torque design ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...that the 441 basically is a copy of.....

The 575 sure wasn't perfect, but only some of the first ones were really bad, as far as I know.

You sure left your original statement in a hurry, without defending it - better go back and delete it then! :blob2::blob2:

The 441 is on it's original design, since 2005. 'cough, cough'

No need to delete nothing. I was just for poking fun at you. Everyone knows Redmax had the idea first. btw, when are we going to see some of that Redmax technology in the huskies?

Everyone knows Redmax had the idea first. btw, when are we going to see some of that Redmax technology in the huskies?

The Redmax technology is already in the Husqvarna's, like Noah's Arc technology is in the Stihls. Guess the eternal Stihl vs Husqvarna pissing match will never end. I own a Stihl 026 I like it, I despise working on it, would I buy a 200 thru 400 series Sthil, not very likely, but an 0' series saw yes I would.

Get just one Husqvarna saw in your shed, give it a go and decide for yourself.

I grew up in Stihl country and drove ford trucks, I still live here but I run Husqvarnas and still drive ford trucks but my next pick up will be a chev. I have givein both brands my time and I have come up with what works best for me.

Simple things like ergonomics with saws can make a huge difference, power to weight etc......its real world use that makes the difference.

The Redmax technology is already in the Husqvarna's,.

Which model(s)?

I own a Stihl 026 I like it, I despise working on it, would I buy a 200 thru 400 series Sthil, not very likely, but an 0' series saw yes I would.

I don't see why, they are no different than the other "0" series as far as repairing.

Get just one Husqvarna saw in your shed, give it a go and decide for yourself.
I got one. A 350 that has never run right. I have sunk more money and time into that saw than it's worth, I know my fault. I'll get around to fixing it one day. Hard to do when my 026s and 211 fire right up without a squeak.
I grew up in Stihl country and drove ford trucks, I still live here but I run Husqvarnas and still drive ford trucks but my next pick up will be a chev. I have givein both brands my time and I have come up with what works best for me.
Chevy man here, have driven all the big 3. Worked on GMs for 4 years. Prefer Chevy all day.

Simple things like ergonomics with saws can make a huge difference, power to weight etc......its real world use that makes the difference.
The big reason I stay with Stihl, they just fit me better. Plus a butt load of parts.

don't know about this modern stuff

I spent part of today mounting a grader blade on a 62 JD tractor
where I can shove scrap wood out of my way without back strain.

Husqvarna 435 ( strato) & 55
Stihl HT-75 pole saw
Makita 520 DCS
several old Poulan saws
& other old equipment too
Whatever runs or can be made to run gets used when needed

Id rather have a cat muff saw then strato junk, im on my forth and last redmax 8001 bp blower. the pistons, i have to put new pistons rings and cylinders in them at the end of every year. either the piston crows cave in and crack, or the piston ring retaining pins shear off allowing the ring to wear the cylinder, or the rings crack, or a combo of all the above. while they r running u hear what sounds like marbles bouncing around. My echo cat 755's arent without their probs. either but r few and far between, the only prob with echo cat blowers is the rings seize to the piston, easily solved, once a year i pull the jugs and re ring the and put new base gaskets, only $15 for that repair versus $120 for the redmax junk....i know these arent saws their blowers but im not a fan of anything strato......all the dealers blame it on low octane, bs cause ive used premium and it still blows them up, now they blame it on ethanol, yet my echos have been running great on 87 with 10% ethanol. and ive been using synthetic woodland pro for 3 years.

Last edited:
The 441 is on it's original design, since 2005. 'cough, cough'
Yes, and that describes Stihls largest problem at the moment in a nutshell - no real developments, just doing what others did years ago......:givebeer:

No need to delete nothing. I was just for poking fun at you. Everyone knows Redmax had the idea first. btw, when are we going to see some of that Redmax technology in the huskies?

560xp etc.

I know what you are doing, but some times I think you sound a bit desperate in your defense of Stihl.

Surely I also poke for fun some times, often just to provoke you - and it most often works, but I wouldn't do that unless I regarded you as a friend in the first place!

Id rather have a cat muff saw then strato junk, im on my forth and last redmax 8001 bp blower. the pistons, i have to put new pistons rings and cylinders in them at the end of every year. either the piston crows cave in and crack, or the piston ring retaining pins shear off allowing the ring to wear the cylinder, or the rings crack, or a combo of all the above. while they r running u hear what sounds like marbles bouncing around. My echo cat 755's arent without their probs. either but r few and far between, the only prob with echo cat blowers is the rings seize to the piston, easily solved, once a year i pull the jugs and re ring the and put new base gaskets, only $15 for that repair versus $120 for the redmax junk....i know these arent saws their blowers but im not a fan of anything strato......all the dealers blame it on low octane, bs cause ive used premium and it still blows them up, now they blame it on ethanol, yet my echos have been running great on 87 with 10% ethanol. and ive been using synthetic woodland pro for 3 years.

We have a lot of the Redmax strato backpack blowers in the field. I've only had one that the piston blew apart. That one was on it's 2nd tank of fuel. Every other one to my knowledge is still running strong. Never had to replace any internal engine parts on any of them except the one I mentioned.

Steve

We have a lot of the Redmax strato backpack blowers in the field. I've only had one that the piston blew apart. That one was on it's 2nd tank of fuel. Every other one to my knowledge is still running strong. Never had to replace any internal engine parts on any of them except the one I mentioned.

Steve

Same here. I sell about 50 of those things a year. I have seen the piston cave in on 3 units over the last two years. That plus the "marbles" sound is detonation, and detonation is a fuel issue.

Steve

My ebz-8001 is on year number 4 and is holding up fine. Starts 2 pull every time. Pull off the lower tube and goto town. Only complaints about that thing are the fuel mileage and the weight. Big pig.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe this. :ices_rofl:

Well the 441 is still alive, the 575 not so much. Since they came out around the same time, hard to say who looked inside who's toy box. I know the 441 was a prototype long before it hit the streets.

As far as a copy, Stihls or huskys got the general design from Redmax or whoever came up with the idea. Stihl just leads the market due to their name and the 211, 362, and 441 have been well thought out. All of those are great saws.

Yes, and that describes Stihls largest problem at the moment in a nutshell - no real developments, just doing what others did years ago......:givebeer:

Until they lose the title, I doubt you will see any changes. Every strato they have made has been a great product. I'm really looking forward to the 261.

560xp etc.

I know what you are doing, but some times I think you sound a bit desperate in your defense of Stihl.

Surely I also poke for fun some times, often just to provoke you - and it most often works, but I wouldn't do that unless I regarded you as a friend in the first place!

The rep must have told me a story, the 560 was said to be all husky, the x-torq engine to be exact. I hope the production model is like the prototype, it seems to be a nice saw. No more 361s will help it sell also.:cheers:

"X-torque" mainly is a marketing bluff, to sweaten the bitter "pill" of the heavier strato saws - no sign of any extra torque has been found in independent dyno tests!

I Don`t question your knowledge, but what ecxactly makes an x-torq engine heavier, than an ordinary? can`t really see any added weigt on the design.

Well it was a good question and one I think many people don't understand. What is stratified charge.

Thanks to Mweba for posting the vid.

The rest of the thread is more or less worthless.

Stihl invented the strato saw just like Al Gore invented the internet :rolleyes:

i pretty much don`t care who invented it, i just want to know all the technical facts about it.
Although i think creamy saws are a bit sissy:clap:

The rep must have told me a story, the 560 was said to be all husky, the x-torq engine to be exact. I hope the production model is like the prototype, it seems to be a nice saw. No more 361s will help it sell also.:cheers:

Well, x-torq is just marketing for "stato" design, regardless of the exact design of it.

You are right about the 361 - that probably was Stihls best design ever. It is a pity that they were too slow at using that basic design in other saw sizes!

It also is a pity that they had to "demote" the US version slightly, because of EPA.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back