Husky's box sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am seeing several of the new Huskys that have beeen purchased in the box from Sears, Lowes, and Rural King farmstores, mostly 55s.

I would think this would have to be hurting the servicing Husky dealers. I'm not one (Husky dealer), but this is hurting the sales of what I do sell.

Yeah, my buddy got a 55 from sears, and it came in the box. I always thought it was Husqvarna's policy that all units must be started and run before sale to make sure all was good. I bought my 55R and 145BT backpack blower at Lowe's and they do start them even at that big box store. I will only buy from regular dealers from here on out because if you need service they have to send the unit "out".

it would be my bet that the bar an chain gets put on several different ways ,before the purchaser gets it rite.
:)

I know CCD beats Lowe's price on the 55 & other models (Jokers - help me out here) & they're good people to deal with.

Steve here...
Mills Fleet Farm in Wisconsin sells Husky's now too, they had 3 or 4 models the largest being the 55. Northern supply sells the small ones too, out the door in the box.

Yea the same price as the dealer sells them for set up and ready to go. No which is the better value. Husqvarna starts their saws at the factory but I'm not sure how long they run them. Shop sold a 136 the day I was off last week and it wouldn't start. I looked at it when I came back to work and it had a sheared flywheel key. You could plainly see by the plug it was started at the factory. You could also tell by the way the key in th flywheel was wiped off that it had started and wiped the key out when it was shut off.

Should of bought something with a diffrent shade of orange, a Delmar 9000 stroker with MPI and all the other goodies. Don't forget that the right nitro is the difference between a clean saw and a dirty saw when cleaning the plastic. If you up the compression just right you can run Fuel oil also.

Da............................................ king?????????????

B J Walker

Do you know the man in mich. that builds stroker 3120 saws? I would like to have his name and phone.

Ricky

Here were I am at Husky has all but died. They went into lowes and all the dealers including myself have dropped them. You would have thought that they would have looked at what happend the Jonsered and Solo but I quess they just got greedy!

Yeah Javelin, I know what you mean. Now Dolmar is taking the country by storm! Ha Ha Ha!

To the servicing dealers who still try to get retail, it`s evolve or die. Lower your price a little and advertise to get the customer in the door, and then sell them on your service. Believe me, it doesn`t take much service to outshine competitors like Lowes, Sears, or Home Depot.

Husky is thriving around here.

Russ

I agree service is were it is at! We still sell the Jonsered and Solo lines but dropped Husky because they just got pushey so to speak. And as an independant buissness they are not going to tell me what I have to take to do buisness! It is funny you say that about Dolmar! we started pushing them as well as some of the other husky dealers and dolmar is showing up alot around here. Of coarse that is only regional, not national!

That`s fair Javelin, I can relate to Huskies pushiness, but if you move alot of units they`re happy and you`re happy. This way of doing business doesn`t sit well with idealism but it does make money. I feed my family with money and as much idealism as I can fit in while keeping the money flowing. FWIW, I don`t consider honesty or integrity idealism, they are basic principles of a succesful life. What I do consider idealism is that there is fairness or any levelness to the playing field.

Russ

Russ

Just currious but do you sell any other make of saw line? The reason I ask is we opened our doors with Jonsered back in 76 and handled other makes through the years. Husky more or less demanded that we drop all our other lines and be a total source dealer. Now with that being said let me fill you in on another part of our buisness which is commercial lawn cutters. We do usually over 2 million$ in ztr sales. Husky demanded that we drop those lines as well and sell only husky. No offense but the husky ztr mower at that time was not the same calibure of machine that we were selling and therefore we could not sell them. We do miss not having husky hand held product but there are other manufactures out there. we still sell the red husky though. And still service most of the husky saws around.

On another note. One thing I do not understand is how Stihl gets away with demanding Stihl exclusive, which is most of my compettitors are. They must get some special break to be that way.

dealers

We have some combination dealers near here. Some sell stihl and husky. We had both at one time. Dropped Husky due to the problem of selling 2 top line saws against each other, and the problem we had keeping the large Husky saws together. This was back when we sold 2100's, so it is a few years back. The loggers were a larger share of the sales then. Our biggest seller was the 045.

I know for myself i willnot buy from them
one of my friends moved his shop over to a town about 6 years ago , things were going ok for him then Home depo moved in across the street and they sell the same brand of saws as him
they move such a volume that there is no way in hell that he can come close to them in price and the saw companies donot seem to care about him , he supported them for 6 years but they could care less
so now he is trying to get other saw brands to sell

Z4lunch talked about the Fleet Farm stores in Wi carrying husky now. I just was there and was suprised to see them. These were the prices if I remember correctly.
55 rancher $339
355 - $299
345 - $279
136? not sure of price

Of course I put 355 on the last post and it was the 350. I'm sure you could all figure that out though. Not sure of the small saw number. Did not look very close.

Back