husqavarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd132

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to this site. I am in need of a new saw and came accross a husqavarna 350 at our local dealer. Now, I have a stihl 017 that I use for trimming, but I have started helping my Father-in-law cut fire wood. We also own a 200 acre farm where I will use the saw mostly for cleanup when we have a tree fall into one of our fields. When I say cleanup, I mean cutting up in sections that I can drag off with one of our tractors. What does everyone think about the 350?

I would say for a 200 acre farm a 350 would be minimum. If you plan on using it regularly heavy duty maybe invest in a 353.
Alternatives would be a 50-60cc/3-4hp ckass saw like a
Dolmar 5100,
Solo 651,
Stihl 290,
Efco 152,
Echo CS-520
if you don't have ppe scheck out the "Firewood Cutting Kits" from Baileys (a site sponsor). Your local dealer should be able to provide similar.

good luck and enjoy:chainsaw:

7sleeper

A 353 would be a better choice in my opinion.Better built,more hp and not much more expensive.With 200 acres,someday you will have to cut big tree and the 353 will cut much more easily than 350.

A 353 would be a better choice in my opinion.Better built,more hp and not much more expensive.With 200 acres,someday you will have to cut big tree and the 353 will cut much more easily than 350.

Sure, but still sound on the weak side to me...:confused:

Size of wood?

If you can go the extra bucks get a 346xp it will handle just about any clean up you have.

How many acres of woods?

The Husky 350 is an EXCELLENT saw. Probably more than most folks on this site need if they were honest about their cutting needs. . . myself included!
On your 200 acre farm how any acres are wooded? The 350 is easily capable of cutting 10 cords of firewood a year without breaking a sweat if properly maintained. Sure it will grunt a little on trees over 22" DBH but usually that's only six blocks or so and then the diameter falls off.
I'd say get it.

Al :cheers:

P.S. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
I have a 460 rancher,and a 345 which is slightly less hp than a 350,not very much at all. I would get a slightly larger saw if your cutting mostly larger trees. I love my 460 Rancher w 20" bar,I think its 3.7hp,and it was about 4 bills out the door.I bought the rancher after having very good luck with my dads older rancher 55.The 345 is great too,very strong for a fairly light saw,but the 460 eats thru the stuff over a foot much faster.

Hi everyone! New to this site. I am in need of a new saw and came accross a husqavarna 350 at our local dealer. Now, I have a stihl 017 that I use for trimming, but I have started helping my Father-in-law cut fire wood. We also own a 200 acre farm where I will use the saw mostly for cleanup when we have a tree fall into one of our fields. When I say cleanup, I mean cutting up in sections that I can drag off with one of our tractors. What does everyone think about the 350?

Welcome to AS! :)

For your intended purposes the 350 is a fine saw, and will last you many years with the proper maintenance. They are a great homeowner saw. If you decide that you want to cut more wood in the future, you might want to step up to something a little bit bigger. If you want to stick with the homeowner series of saws, I would look at the 460. Not many people like them, but they also ##### about pro saws too. Another more "pro" model to look at is the Jonsered 2159 is a great saw as well, and isn't too bad on the wallet. It is the same as the Husky 359.

These are only suggestions, the 350 will do fine for what you want. Make sure you like your dealer though. I can't stress that enough. It is like getting married.

I like the one I have. It is not the fastest, but using a 20" bar .058 ga. round chisel chain it holds its own for my firewood duties. I've had no problems that weren't created by me in the 6 years I have had it. I have done stuff I probably should not have done with it, but I made it through and the saw still performs like it did the first week I owned it. I cut up a 42" (at the base) round last year and do not remember having any issues other than it was slower going than if I would have had a bigger saw.

You should look at other brands/models too, but like PlantBiologist said, "You need to like the dealer as well".

Chris

For a 200 acre farm you got to have some healthy tractors so a saw big enough to cut the broken limb loose so you can skid it to the wood pile is all you need.
I think the 350 is plenty of saw for that.

Helping cut fire wood? Are ya'll useing a buzz rig? What size saw does your fil have?
I still think the 350 is plenty big enough for even that.
Ya the dealer is very important. Find a good one and hope she/he doesn't retire, change brands or just close up shop.

:D Al

My first saw was a 350. I still have it, but I don't use it much any more due to the fact it is slower in bigger wood and speed means more wood to me.
I brought mine used and once I figure out how to start it, it's always started for me every time.
It's a good, well built, reliable home owner saw, but it is what is though, a 50cc, so expect 50cc proformace out of it or expect to be let down.
I have started having problems with mine, but I think it's due more to the fact the saw doesn't let to sit around. Or at least mine doesn't like to sit around.
I would think nothing of buying it again, very good saw for the money.

the 350 is a great light weight cheapy thats great for the small stuff, invest in a dolmar more bang for the buck, if i needed just 1 saw just for firewood it would be the makydol 6401

I LOVE the 350!! GREAT little saw! I think the 455 is over ratted! Nimble light and easy to handle all day. All I used for three years!!
And they mod NICELY!!!!

Is $150 a good deal for the 350? A guy not far from me has one for sale with 2 new chains.

1231491g6ZZZZZZZZZ89qadecda43eaae1989.jpg
1271341g0ZZZZZZZZZ89qe2e23383db4f1206.jpg

11b1281g7ZZZZZZZZZ89qdbc6cd04e9e8164a.jpg
1141g0148ZZZZZZZZZ89qbbebf776195a16e9.jpg

346 xp...

If your going Husky and that would be my pick..18 inch bar and would be good for farm use and would last you a liftime if you took care of her.....If the other choice,,I'd go with a Stihl 260...I love em both,,but for the trimming and feel of things,,I like the 346,,but for the hardcore stuff,,I pull my 260...Hard choice,,kinda like havin a wife and a sexy girlfriend,,,what to chose..... LOL!!!! Oh,,PS I;m just kiddin on that comment.. :)

Back