Husqvarna 2100 Jungle Type

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have brain fade I purchased a new 2100 with a 24” bar/404” 050 ga chain & chain brake around 79/80 ish. I purchased my second 2102xp full wrap saw around the early 80’s to mid 80’s. I have all these owners, advertisements, parts manuals somewhere.

…..

2. PRODUCTION DATE for 2100CD, sn 5312819 Electrolux era

…..

A few different serial numbering systems were used trough the production of the 2100 - but if that is the full number (no other numbers except the model number on the tag), and provided the tag is "silver" in color, that number would date the saw to 1985 week 31.

From about 1982 to some time in 1984 the numbers were 6 digit, with the full year (4 digits) as well on the tag (10 digits in all) - and before about 1982 there were other systems (that no-one that I know of are able to fully "decode").

As with other models, the tag color was changed to black from 1987.

What is needed is a clear Workshop Manual of the 2100 reprint. The one circulating the Net has pics that look like they've been dipped in dark chocolate.

The last FWM that went through eBay (original paper) went for over $50.

Kevin

The first two stroke case I ever split and assembled was a 2100. The older saws are simple to work on. My son uses his phone and takes pics while he disassembles everything.

What is needed is a clear Workshop Manual of the 2100 reprint. The one circulating the Net has pics that look like they've been dipped in dark chocolate.

The last FWM that went through eBay (original paper) went for over $50.

Kevin

Similar quality issues are present with many (most?) of the older paper documents that were scanned by (or for) Husqvarna a few decades ago - but at least they did it, and made the documents somewhat available on the Internet.

Similar quality issues are present with many (most?) of the older paper documents that were scanned by (or for) Husqvarna a few decades ago - but at least they did it, and made the documents somewhat available on the Internet.

I had a 2100 FWM once that disappeared. I know what the pics look like before they ever went to the Internet. They have reprinted the 1100 manual in hard copy and it's fine. I don't know why they haven't reprinted the 2100 manual with all the interest past & present.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back