Husqvarna 562xp & 60cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about looking at a 365?
Very solid saw. Some have the dedicated 65 cc jug and some are the same as a 372 but with restricted transfers. I'm not personally up on which are which but many guys on the site can tell you. I had the Jonsered version (2165) and it was a great saw. A little heavier and not quite as "angry" as my 562 but a great saw nonetheless.

+1 on the 555. It is a dam fine saw for the money. I am just a firewood cutter, but this does everything I could ask.

This will essentially replace a 4XX series rancher saw that you have. Those are great saws, but the 555 is more substantial, and will pull a 20" bar through hardwood very nicely.
Of course the 562 is the "big brother" and will cost a little extra scoinch compared to the 555.

I'm going to buy my first Pro saw before fall. I thought at first a 70cc saw to compliment my Jonsered 2255 (455 Rancher) but now I am leaning towards the 562 xp or xpg if I can find one. Less expensive, less weight. I would like to run a 24 inch bar occasionally.
The 2255 is a 55cc saw but as you all know there is a significant jump in HP in the pro saws so my thinking is the 562 would be a nice step up. The Jonsered has performed for me great, Farm/Ranch saws don't get much love here, but mine has been a great saw for what I do. That said when I happen across bigger stuff which seems to be pretty regularly , the wood people usually pass up I feel like I am asking a bit much of my red friend. Any thoughts about the 562xp would be great. Thank you in advance.
Find a 261 and convert it to a 262! You won't regret it! Simple conversion and less stuff to go wrong! Same HP as a 562!

A 262 is a old outdated saw that handles like a buss compared to a 562.

A 365 is to big and heavy also,actually I see know point in a 365 period,I can't imagine someone who wished there 372 was the same weight only less powerful.

A 365 is to big and heavy also,actually I see know point in a 365 period,I can't imagine someone who wished there 372 was the same weight only less powerful.
Agreed!
I owned two 262's, great saws in there day. But lets not compare them to a 562.
I have never understood why someone would buy a 365 if a 372 was available, and yes I have ran both.

I just built a play saw out of a 365 and it's not to bad but I sold the 365 cylinder and ported a 372 cylinder and it certainly makes me wonder how they ever sold a 365.
Same with a 6400 dolmar,why?

I just built a play saw out of a 365 and it's not to bad but I sold the 365 cylinder and ported a 372 cylinder and it certainly makes me wonder how they ever sold a 365.
Same with a 6400 dolmar,why?
Every one wants cheaper. So you can sell the same quality but save $100 or so.

Get a 70cc saw! don't wast your time on a 60cc. Will a 562 out cut your 455? you bet, but it's not going to be like a night and day difference, a lot here underestimate saws like the 455, they actually cut pretty well for what they are. If you're dead set on a 60cc saw get a Stihl ms362, Dolmar 6100, if you want to save some cash grab an Echo cs590/cs600.

372 all over on e
I just finished this 562,it's a good running saw.

I just finished this 562,it's a good running saw.

Is it for sale? If so do you have a price in mind?

I done the 562 and a 2260 at the same time and think I prefer the feel of the jred but don't like the small mount.

372 END OF STORY. 5 years down the road when the 562 is still not figured out the 372 will still be running the same. If I was still relying on a saw for a living, it would not be a 562.

372 END OF STORY. 5 years down the road when the 562 is still not figured out the 372 will still be running the same. If I was still relying on a saw for a living, it would not be a 562.
I think they got the 562 lined out didn't they?

I would imagine the new gen 562s have had the autotune stuff ironed out. I believe I have seen similar thoughts posted by folks on here. However, if you are not wanting to replace your 455 then looking at a 372 (or something of a different flavor in the 70cc range) would cover more ground with your saw plan. I agree with the above comment on the rancher series of huskys being quality products. My uncle has a 450 rancher with what seems like a billion tanks through it. Thing has been beat up and still runs well.

Not trying to replace
I would imagine the new gen 562s have had the autotune stuff ironed out. I believe I have seen similar thoughts posted by folks on here. However, if you are not wanting to replace your 455 then looking at a 372 (or something of a different flavor in the 70cc range) would cover more ground with your saw plan. I agree with the above comment on the rancher series of huskys being quality products. My uncle has a 450 rancher with what seems like a billion tanks through it. Thing has been beat up and still runs well.
Not trying to replace but have a bigger saw for big stuff that's capable of running a 24 inch bar on occasion as I feel I ask a lot of my Jred 2255.

Latest posts

Back