Husqvarna cylinder ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Smokies

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, I was given a box of Husqvarna parts and burned up complete and semi complete saws. In there is the top end and base from what may be a 353 or a 346xp...the base is smashed and the ID plate missing. I have a silver clutch cover and recoil assemblies tagged 353 and 346xp. Any of those could have come from this... So, how can I tell which saw this is? I want to reuse the top end. It's Mahle. My instinct is 353, as the transfer ports are a little small to me. So...how do I tell?

353's are 45mm and have removable covers on the transfers.
346NE are 44.3 and no removable transfer cover
346OE are 42mm and don't have a decomp. They also have a full wrap skirt on the bottom of the cylinder.

I would be interested in the cylinder if you decide to pass it on.

I have never heard of a 353 cylinder that is Mahle - they are Gilardoni, with detachable transfer covers.

Anyway, I assume it has quad transfers, so that may be the reason they look a bit small to you?

I guess I say they look small as I'd expect something wild on an XP! This doesn't have removable covers, it's one piece. Skirt is solid. It has a decomp. I will measure it tomorrow to confirm. I'm thinking of selling it, there's plenty of projects in the group and I don't have a base for it to go on.

Back