Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I was a mod here. lol

hey brother you are not a mod here. i don't think the hate you spew in your forum would last very long over here. I know i did not put up with it.

lets touch base on the group buy you are offering. have you made clear to your disciples that its going to be shipped by a slow boat and spend about 45 days days in a salt water environment. that the cost will rise when they replace the cylinder missing cylinder, which is a great idea if you don't like the nice farmertec cylinder that is included, they really stepped up their game. shorty on the other forum showed one of his recent purchases and it was nice. i just thought you should maybe mention this to everyone here and there. you haven't have you?

monkeys are so adorable

hey brother you are not a mod here. i don't think the hate you spew in your forum would last very long over here. I know i did not put up with it.

lets touch base on the group buy you are offering. have you made clear to your disciples that its going to be shipped by a slow boat and spend about 45 days days in a salt water environment. that the cost will rise when they replace the cylinder missing cylinder, which is a great idea if you don't like the nice farmertec cylinder that is included, they really stepped up their game. shorty on the other forum showed one of his recent purchases and it was nice. i just thought you should maybe mention this to everyone here and there. you haven't have you?

monkeys are so adorable
Been following MM for a few years and have not seen this " hate " you speak of. Take your meds or eat a snickers . :cool:

No offense intended, but I HIGHLY recommend against using a grinder of any kind to trim the case gasket. All you want to do is take a razor blade and cut them off flush.

I'll second what was already said about the circlips. It's only a matter of time until one of those ears breaks off and trashes your topend. I strongly recommend using OEM circlips. You'll want to make sure they're the same diameter wire first though.

lets talk a little about those pesky clips. you have advised without holding one in those stihl hands that an oem should be used. i have said time and time again these kits do not translate well. you are out of your element and have again given bad advice that will cause hardship.

the photo shows that the way the piston is designed when you drop that oem clip in you will not be able to get it back out without damaging the piston. and you run your mouth against me. man i expected better from you. monkey man is a bad influence on you brad. wink wink

(there are fine on the stop side as you can see)

Attachments

• clip 1.jpg
    clip 1.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 69
  • oem clip.jpg
    oem clip.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 66
I'm waiting on my kit. I'll look and see if mine looks like that. If so I Could Dremel that out. But most people don't have one.

Sorta off topic but I recently built up the 440 kit and really was impressed with the quality, for how much I paid, and was wondering if building up a 361 kit would be good, I know the crank issues exist but from what I have heard they are slightly rumors and how much could a new crank cost from huztl anyways, I think it might be a good kit, it's hard to justify owning a ms441 and a ms440:)

Egos making more work for us little folk
Hello pot, meet the kettle! Do you even realize how childish and ignorant you are, you just started putting these copy saws together last year and now you're an expert on all things 660 or 440? You come on here criticizing guys that have been building saws on an expert level for years, do you even understand how ridiculous your posts have gotten? Stop embarrassing yourself.:omg:

lets talk a little about those pesky clips. you have advised without holding one in those stihl hands that an oem should be used. i have said time and time again these kits do not translate well. you are out of your element and have again given bad advice that will cause hardship.

the photo shows that the way the piston is designed when you drop that oem clip in you will not be able to get it back out without damaging the piston. and you run your mouth against me. man i expected better from you. monkey man is a bad influence on you brad. wink wink

(there are fine on the stop side as you can see)
You should do your homework, perhaps gain a little experience, before you mouth off about something you obviously no NOTHING about. It's a proven fact that those ears can and do break off. Try reading instead of posting for once amd you'll find example after example were other members have lost topends due to these clips. This is s perfect example where you are an actual detriment and risk to the other members of this forum!

For the rest of you that actually want to learn....in the case of a piston like this, you'll want to take a "Dremel" and lengthen that notch on into the circlip groove, so that an earless circlip can be removed. Another critical thing to take note of is to make sure that if replacing with OEM, that the wire diameter is the same. Otherwise, the clip either may not fit fully into the groove, or may let the wrist pin slide out.

You should do your homework, perhaps gain a little experience, before you mouth off about something you obviously no NOTHING about. It's a proven fact that those ears can and do break off. Try reading instead of posting for once amd you'll find example after example were other members have lost topends due to these clips. This is s perfect example where you are an actual detriment and risk to the other members of this forum! Maybe while doing your homework you'll find where I have plenty of experience with AM parts, and thereby know what you warn others of. Most people appreciate that, instead of being a belligerent troll such as yourself.

For the rest of you that actually want to learn....in the case of a piston like this, you'll want to take a "Dremel" and lengthen that notch on into the circlip groove, so that an earless circlip can be removed. Another critical thing to take note of is to make sure that if replacing with OEM, that the wire diameter is the same. Otherwise, the clip either may not fit fully into the groove, or may let the wrist pin slide out.
Yep!:rock:

You should do your homework, perhaps gain a little experience, before you mouth off about something you obviously no NOTHING about. It's a proven fact that those ears can and do break off. Try reading instead of posting for once amd you'll find example after example were other members have lost topends due to these clips. This is s perfect example where you are an actual detriment and risk to the other members of this forum! Maybe while doing your homework you'll find where I have plenty of experience with AM parts, and thereby know what you warn others of. Most people appreciate that, instead of being a belligerent troll such as yourself.

You should said that to start with before the answer was handed to ya and folks dashed off to implement it.

I knew it before you did. I have one

Latest posts

Back