Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought a 460 was the same case as a 440 and a 640 was the same case as a 660, but I see that's not true...? Stihl have a lot of cc overlap between models and it gets confusing when you include big bore and magnum models as well.
If I have this right a 440 bb will be lighter than a 460 and have the same ish power but less torque,..

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

So I'm going to need a kit for an 038 a 460 a 640 and 660 to start. Plus spares for the 010,012,044,048, 056, and 076 that I have already. Have I missed any?

Yep, when they manage to knock out the ms200t kit, I would be quite willing to sell my 017 in exchange. Any knowledge if they will make parts for the rear-handle 192/200t rear handle?
I would image the parts will be part of the solution.

I realize this is a bit OT but what kit would you recommend for a relatively inexperienced guy to put together?
This looks like it could be fun and help me to understand saws a bit better.
I have some spare time this summer, could be a fun project.

Russ

They all assemble nearly the same. There are videos on how to do it. Pick the size saw you want and go for it

Is the winch out yet? Keen to see how it compares to the Powerhouse CS winch on Amazon, which is itself about half the price of a Lewis and with good reviews.

You keep asking if the winch is out yet. I have not seen anyone say they are making one yet. I think one has been requested. They did say the drill was put into the pipeline. Winch would be cool. We should give them the summer and then ask for an answer to what's next.

You keep asking if the winch is out yet. I have not seen anyone say they are making one yet. I think one has been requested. They did say the drill was put into the pipeline. Winch would be cool. We should give them the summer and then ask for an answer to what's next.
My mistake. So very sorry for the transgression.

I realize this is a bit OT but what kit would you recommend for a relatively inexperienced guy to put together?
This looks like it could be fun and help me to understand saws a bit better.
I have some spare time this summer, could be a fun project.

Russ
From my experience I would pick something the size you would use, and watch the videos. I put my lap top on the bench so I could pause the vids at the points I was at so that I didn't miss anything. Watch a few because there are different ideas on different things, and you want to do it your way, or at least the way you choose.
Then be patient because things can and do go differently than you expect. Then expect some debugging time.
And take photos to share your experience with us.
And enjoy

I just got word that the 070 kits will be out soon. the 070 is selling so fast in Africa they cannot not keep up, but they will and that is why they are late. We have to remember these guys are global.

During the summer they are going to have sales like carb day, engine day etc.

This is going to blow your mind they are going to start selling trimmers/brushcutters, earth augers, hedge trimmers, maybe in a week or two so keep an eye peeled. I have seen some they make and they are huge like the 500 series

I asked about rain checks on the ms660 kits we may have to wait on an answer its their weekend.

they asked again about which huskys to build again. i said i would count it up and let them know the votes so far

Lol

I would imagine they are copying someone's design. The Chinese generally don't do their own engineering and design. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.
You know they are just forming a Technial Dept to develop things. I think this earlier post is part of it making them understand what opportunities await them.

I just went through the thread and so far it looks like a strong desire for the husky 288 with many other mentions like the 262, 288, 445, 455,460, 350, 298, 241, 346, 395, 1100-2101, 2100

stihls 460, 070, 020-200t, 193 260, 880, 048, 045-056, 192

poulan 5400, 8500, 4000

echo 590-600, 620, 3120, 1201

keep posting i will turn these in

Pretty sure some of those might be difficult....Not sure but the 445,455,460 husky and the 880 Stihl might be too close to production end?

Back