Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clutch is on the 090 conversion. The 070 is still supported and sold a ms720 I think.

070 and 090 parts are still available at most stihl dealers. they are still being made, i dont think 070 will weigh more 10 pounds than 880. maybe 2 or 3 pounds at most. 070 revs alot lower than 880 and with its low end power it will bog less compared to 880, should outlast 880 by far. roller case bearings compared to ball bearings, good for longevity and to withstand loads. outboard vs inboard clutch
the only thing 880 is better than 070/090 is probably av, air filtration, fuel economy, oil&gas fill angle

I'll put my two cents in regarding why I favor the 880 over the 070.

I would be using a larger saw like this for milling, and while it is true that in the cut you don't really feel the weight of the saw so much, you do feel it everywhere else. The 070 is 10 lbs heavier than the 880.

Also, after keeping up with the Huztl build threads for some time now, it seems that now and in the future we would be dealing with the issue of missing parts. Also there is the desire to use OEM parts for some items to help ensure long term reliability.

The 880 is currently in production and has been for some time so parts are readily available at any dealer. 070 parts may be a different story, as has been discussed regarding the clutch.
Agree 100%! Who wants to get a new toy then need to get antidepressants for the parts misery! LOL

Seems like I heard something about these 070/090's being a bit more of a pain to build or repair...maybe it was removing or installing bearings...not really sure. Any input on ease of build with common tools only?

I just placed the Huztl 070 parts in a cart and it totaled $189. Not sure what might be missing. Maybe the 070 guys can report in. I added the gas tank bottom even though one pic of the crankcase shows it with that part...several other crankcase pics did not. Shipping was $108 but kit packaging might drop that a few bucks.

Huztl 070 parts.jpg

I was just looking at Huztl today and they have an compete assembled saw "compatible" with an Echo cs-420es (minus bar/chain) for $140 shipped. Wonder what other saws they are considering assembling? Pretty good deal if this saw all works.

I was just looking at Huztl today and they have an compete assembled saw "compatible" with an Echo cs-420es (minus bar/chain) for $140 shipped. Wonder what other saws they are considering assembling? Pretty good deal if this saw all works.
It would nice to be able to get echo parts from them. I have several needs.

I thought the Chinese saws weren't supposed to have the name "Stihl" on them. Do they not worry about copyrights at all or was that name tag added on later?
I don't think so either. I've never seen any branded with any sort of Stihl logos. Model numbers transfer, but no more than that. OEM vs Huztl on my saw.
13bd72874de13e5acf527929cf059f2f.jpg

I thought the Chinese saws weren't supposed to have the name "Stihl" on them. Do they not worry about copyrights at all or was that name tag added on later?
I did not know what you were talking about? Then I noticed the video thumb. Saws like that can be seized and are by customs. They trickle in. If they would have popped that seal on the box for an inspection he would have not gotten his saw. Those silver box saws are counterfeit, they come in a silver box like a Stihl. They are trouble. I don't gamble.

Even though I have bought Chinese parts that are used on Stihl saws I get an uneasy feeling with the companies over there stealing Stihl's design and building saws with their name on them. It's bad enough putting the MS number on it and it's a wonder the "MS" saws aren't being seized also. I guess it's one of those "do unto others" things...

Guess the badge and toolless fuel caps are a no no since they are likely covered by trademark and patent respectively. At least one more year or so on the fuel caps anyway. I believe everything else Huztl/FarmerTec is currently producing is fair game, assuming the 20 yr patent rule applies like it does to most items. I haven't seen them use OEM labeling on the metal castings, stampings and molded plastic parts.

Guess the badge and toolless fuel caps are a no no since they are likely covered by trademark and patent respectively. At least one more year or so on the fuel caps anyway. I believe everything else Huztl/FarmerTec is currently producing is fair game, assuming the 20 yr patent rule applies like it does to most items. I haven't seen them use OEM labeling on the metal castings, stampings and molded plastic parts.
My first 660 kit had MS 660 badge. The rest of the kits did not have badges. Huztl told me they could only send me badges with no writing on them.

Back