Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bedford, I'd sure be twinkling an eye at an 084/880 kit if the price was right. Maybe a 3120 but I hear they had a few more problems than the 880's did...could be hearsay.

They are assembling a 070 kit. That is happening, so we will have a big saw and I know the 660 is big but this and the 880 are much bigger and they got more gunt. I hate seeing my 660 in a mill, thats just gotta be the place of a 070 or a 880 in my humble way of thinking. dad on fire makes it look good with that big ole saw

This thread is important the more responses to a reasonable saw or tool the closer it gets to kit status. I got a copy of their catalog and its huge, the guys working on this new website it will take them a year to get it all back online. They have a huge inventory of parts, man they are king kong of aftermarket parts. Farmertec is making the drill, the winch was a good idea. So if you really want it, post it like you been doing and when it hits the sweet spot they will move on it. They want to please us and sell sell sell. He had two Huskies in hand that he asked about and I hit up a few people some answered some did not so this thread is your chance, he then asked about two more models. They need to be sure of the demand, if he spends 40,000 on molds on a dud saw his investors would not be pleased. They just need to know that the demand is there.

And yes the evil twin would not make a great clone but it was a conversation starter, they are not building that. My bet is they will go with a husky 262 and a 070 and work on the 200t. If enough people said I would love to have a 193T or something similar then that might get them to move on a top handle. remember the way it works they need two saws of the model that want to make a kit of, one goes to the mold factory and the other stays home and when the molds return, they compare to the copy they turn into a kit. Its gotta be 1% or so close. So nothing holding them back from doing a different model. You gotta know they are not happy with not being able to make that 200t kit and I can think of 5 guys that are not happy either..

they got lots and lots of husky and stihl parts

I looked at a 193T at a Rural King store recently and they're priced pretty cheap as it is. The 200T not so much, I guess the 200T is more of a pro saw..
That's where I see it fitting...a pro arborist / climber and the guys wanting that level of design for their yard/orchard/fence saw. I would look seriously at a 200T when the S25AV needs replacing. The decision would rest on the kit quality and price with shipping. Chinese manufacturers need to work on multiple kit shipping costs...something Huztl has not figured out yet. A heck of a lot of kits would fit in a $2,000, 20' or $3,500 40' container and they could be stored in a used container for near nothing.

I also have a older top-handle saw which I love dearly, but for some work I would prefer a 200t mainly because of the chain-brake and antivibe. These kits are very impressive, and about the only parts I don't feel completely confident about are some of the rubber parts such as fuel/oil lines. They work well enough in the warmer climates, but they get unbearably stiff below freezing and I actually had the air baffle for the summer/winter part on the 361 completely disintegrate this winter with the temps. Other than that, very happy with these saws, and after the bugs are worked out would completely use for daily work. The other saw that Huztl would have a large market for would be the 026/260. I don't have a great deal of use for the larger cc's saws (yet) and I have quite a bit of gap in cc's where I stand now, so a 260 would be very very well received for me.

I was just giving an example on the top handle. I know what you mean on its current worth in dollars and general worthiness.

I just thought of something, when the 070 kit comes out, we can put a 090 top on it moving it beyond the 880 and if I am not mistaken the 090 has a 6 shoe clutch that will work on the 070 as well, its basically the same saw. Sounds like milling nirvana to me. Farmertec makes 090 66mm top kit, that info is a worldwide thing so I guess we can buy it here? Oh my that would that be a milling machine.

[QUOTE="These kits are very impressive, and about the only parts I don't feel completely confident about are some of the rubber parts such as fuel/oil lines. They work well enough in the warmer climates, but they get unbearably stiff below freezing and I actually had the air baffle for the summer/winter part on the 361 completely disintegrate this winter with the temps. [/QUOTE]
next time you are on their site send them a message, the CSR will forward that info to the right person. i feel like they would look into to improving that. not sure how many people tell them about this stuff. they went from paper gaskets to fiber so maybe the same type thing could happen on hoses and the like.

I was just giving an example on the top handle. I know what you mean on its current worth in dollars and general worthiness.

I just thought of something, when the 070 kit comes out, we can put a 090 top on it moving it beyond the 880 and if I am not mistaken the 090 has a 6 shoe clutch that will work on the 070 as well, its basically the same saw. Sounds like milling nirvana to me. I just looked and Farmertec makes 090 66mm top kit, that info is a worldwide thing so I guess we can buy it here? Oh my that would that be a milling machine.
I though I read a thread here on AS that said making an 090 from an 070 would be like making an 880 from a 660...not doable but don't remember the details explaining why if they were stated.

next time you are on their site send them a message, the CSR will forward that info to the right person. i feel like they would look into to improving that. not sure how many people tell them about this stuff. they went from paper gaskets to fiber so maybe the same type thing could happen on hoses and the like.
Will do, I have been beyond happy with the quality all the parts for exception of a few of those soft parts. If they could possibly fix this, I would have zero complaints about these kits and all the parts in general. Ran mine pretty hard milling last weekend and it was a joy to use.

I am interested in a couple of the current kits but I would like to see something along the lines of an 026/260.

I though I read a thread here on AS that said making an 090 from an 070 would be like making an 880 from a 660...not doable but don't remember the details explaining why if they were stated.
The 660 is 91.6 and the bore is 54mm
Crank part# 1122 030 0408

The 070 is 106cc and the bore is 58mm
The 090 is 137cc and the bore is 66mm
These share this crank part#
1106 030 0400

A quick look on the internet of things
www.thisoldchainsaw.com/stihl-070 might explain it better to you.

Either way I will do it and you can wait and see my results. 137cc milling machine...

I remember a wrist pin and bolt pattern issue with 660 to 880. The older model comparison may have been other models #'s.

The 660 is 91.6 and the bore is 54mm
Crank part# 1122 030 0408

The 070 is 106cc and the bore is 58mm
The 090 is 137cc and the bore is 66mm
These share this crank part#
1106 030 0400

A quick look on the internet of things
www.thisoldchainsaw.com/stihl-070 might explain it better to you.

Either way I will do it and you can wait and see my results. 137cc milling machine...
Take plenty of pics and videos of deck and other mods, if any are required. Will this be a Farmertec 070 /090 build or OEM 070...?

Take plenty of pics and videos of deck and other mods, if any are required. Will this be a Farmertec 070 /090 build or OEM 070...?
They are doing the 070 kit so it would be a kit saw I would use. When I speak it's rarely on anything else but the kits. And I would have to be able to find and afford the parts if farmertec had not copied them. I was having a conversation about what we would like and I saw what was possible on this one kit. I felt that was fairly clear.

So, this "project" is still down the road a good way. Thought you might be taking a current 070 you may have access to and tossing a AM jug on it to get a first hand experience with it so you can report back to your Chinese friends.

You were talking 880 and I countered with the hopped up 070 that I knew they were building. When I get the kit and if they sell the jug stateside as I mentioned earlier yes I would build it for milling. I had no idea that the 6 shoe clutch was rare. Without it it might not make sense. I did not look to see if farmertec made the clutch but did on the jug as mentioned. It was late last night when this occurred to me and I shared it with you. I am busy now but will look into the clutch soon.

Latest posts

Back