I know I'm going to be dogfood for this but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in you other thread

Nahhhh, the forums already split enough. One or the other place would wind up never being read and people would just talk about whatever they wanted to anyway.

If you don't believe me just check out the hotsaws section. :laugh: (yeah we have one of those :laugh:)

Now theres a suggestion..... just shut down the hotsaws section, nobody really reading it anyway and the few good topics that are there are only seen by the few who try to keep up there. Just incorporate it back into the chainsaw forum, thats where everybody already talks about those topics anyway.... why waste the space and everything scattered out??? :cheers:

Kup, which section would muffler mod questions go in? What about 2 stroke theory, or bar oil, or plug problems, or 2 stroke mix ratios, or chain filing, or bar choices, or cleaning plastic, or removing sap, or dawg size, or file choice, or chain discussions, or cookie cutting, or making curly fries, or saw cases, or ways to carry your saw on your vehicle, what about carb tuning or replacing a venturi and probably another thousand things...........do you propose all those to get broken down into cc size for posting? Then what happens when you do a search, will the search function be split by cc's, what happens if people post in the wrong cc forum?

I don't think splitting by cc's is workable, practical or even smart. I hear you on the clutter, but I think you should endeavor to persevere a little more rather than worry about changing it. I think ultimately you would end up with more to read with that split, and I think the overwhelming majority would be reading both anyway. Just my .02 but I do see your point. If everybody made a point to police up the OT stuff it would be much less cluttered.
But don't hold your breath waiting on that! :)

:agree2:
Well said Burgermiester. :laugh: :cheers:

Now that I kind of like. Perhaps simply a rule that a newbie can't start a thread until he has x number of posts. Some for sale sections in forums are like that.

[QUOTE=blsnelling;Something like this would so help clean up the forum.

I disagree!

Lets stay grounded and not get to big for our britches. I have been a member for a couple of years now and visited this site a couple of years before that and I still think of myself as a newbie. Everyone here was a newbie once and they brought questions and ideas to this site and with the help of the more experienced those newbies grew into a more knowledgeable member base. You take the good with the bad. If you don't like what someone is saying then skip over it and move on.

Been running a saw since age 12. Started with a Mac-10, manual oiler and blue at that. Then went to a Homelite 955, we cut 100 cords a year, joined the Navy at age 20. Twenty seven years later I find myself here, what a great site! just bought a saw, 036pro for $250..great find and I got info from asking you SAW GUYS! AND using the search button. What a shame it would be to exclude someone because they were new. Do any of you think you have learned everything there is to know and that nothing can be learned from a Newb? I do not claim to know anything about rebuilding a saw, I do know that I have something to share that could help you someday. I may not be able to deliver that message if I'm limited by my post count. Together we can do anything, thank you for sharing.

:agree2::cheers::yourock:

Meh...

Leave it as is.

Folks know to look for what they already know, but don't know to look for what they don't.

Stumbling around and getting the feel of the joint is a good thing, that leads to asking and participating more.

It ain't a Referrence site, and if it becomes one I'll go back to Beanie babys and Hummel collecting.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

A few months ago when I started on this site i knew absolutely nothing about chainsaws, now I know almost absolutely nothing. I imagine, if i don't keep getting banned, that I will be a noob on this site for the next few years.

There is also a good reason I would not like to see things modified; one should not fix what aint broke

You take the good with the bad. If you don't like what someone is saying then skip over it and move on.

:agree2:

I've said it before.... I'll say it again.

Stuff like this is kinda like complaining about the tv show you're watching.

The last thing AS needs is more forums and more "stickies"...

Hell... half the time people can't post in the right forum or read the stickies in the first place. Then when they get called on it they whine like a little kid...

I agree with Rexy on this one... :)

Gary

Leave it be, it works good.

You any relation to that Bama' dude?
What with change and all'

Leave it be, it works good.

You any relation to that Bama' dude?
What with change and all'

Hey you leave Obama out of this..... he promised change and thats just what we got...... unemployed is a change. :laugh:

Sorry :blush: Back on topic now.... whatever that was???

Oh yeah...........

Be careful my hound is a little hungry right now..........
attachment.php

The last thing AS needs is more forums and more "stickies"...

Hell... half the time people can't post in the right forum or read the stickies in the first place. Then when they get called on it they whine like a little kid...

I agree with Rexy on this one... :)

Gary

oh hush you peckerhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back