I know I'm going to be dogfood for this but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A separate forum for discussing gas and oil? Maybe Amsoil would become a site sponsor?

A simple change would be to alter the site code so it does not automatically include photos when replying with quotes.

No way.
Gas and oil threads pop up everywhere to break up the Morose tone of serious Saw Mods, and advanced calculations of political minutia.LOL!!

In some rgards having everything similar to a room full of folks, is easier and better than breaking everyone up and into different rooms.

It leads to a more diverse and rich stew to draw a tidbit from.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

j/k

Just kidding around about the fuel mix forum. Mainly a dig at the 32:1 folks versus the 100:1 Amsoil crowd.

Keep it all to one forum, let people look/read/post what they want.
If you split it now, when does it stop? How do you determine what the categories are? You will end up alienating more people if they have to dig thru multiple forums to find what they want.
As far as the "newbie only area" bad idea. We have all been newbies at one time or another, asking the "what saw to buy" question too, as well as many others - - and that's OK. That's how ya learn....that what this site is for - helping people w a common interest. I read as much as I can on this site, - it amazes me what some of you can do and have done w your saws. The wealth of information among our members is friggen impressive! We need to keep that coming.
AS is a great site and we will keep making it great.:clap:
Peace.

Yup...I think presumptuous is a good choice of words. Apparently quite a few others think so, too.

Arrogance, instituting needless change for your own personal convenience, and disregard for the majority opinion also seem rather descriptive.

A lot of people went out of their way to give you advice and help when you were posting in the Logging and Forestry thread. There's a wealth of good information here. Adjust your attitude and take advantage of it.

Welcome to AS.

This guy was the one who used the term, "Go give it a whirl" when talking about big timber that was full of hazards, virgin stand in SE AK with ZERO experience, :dizzy::smoking::rolleyes::laugh:

Whatever dude. Go kill yourself in there. When your pinned under a top or chunk and slowly dying, you'll remeber what I said to you about respect for it.

Keep it all to one forum, let people look/read/post what they want.
If you split it now, when does it stop? How do you determine what the categories are? You will end up alienating more people if they have to dig thru multiple forums to find what they want.
As far as the "newbie only area" bad idea. We have all been newbies at one time or another, asking the "what saw to buy" question too, as well as many others - - and that's OK. That's how ya learn....that what this site is for - helping people w a common interest. I read as much as I can on this site, - it amazes me what some of you can do and have done w your saws. The wealth of information among our members is friggen impressive! We need to keep that coming.
AS is a great site and we will keep making it great.:clap:
Peace.

Well said. 99% of the people on here are helpful and do their very best to answer questions. I learn things here all the time.

I was a newbie once, too. We didn't have saws then, just flintstone axes for cutting and dinosaurs to skid with. Figured I'd better say that before somebody else did. :)

Arrogance, instituting needless change for your own personal convenience, and disregard for the majority opinion also seem rather descriptive.
Forgive my confusion, but wouldn't the majority opinion have to be established before it could be disregarded? Or were you simply referring to your opinion as the majority opinion? Again, is it your permission I need before posting?

The question is, did you get the troll reds for your idea or the way you handled yourself?
Actually I would assert that I got them because insecure folks like yourself cannot stand to get it back from somebody without a badge. Not unlike a few cops I've seen.

Obviously I like the forum enough to be here and make suggestions to improve it. There are some good guys (and a few great gals) here clearly. But that does not mean that it will always be worth wading through the bad to get at the good. Not even sure it still is after seeing so many expose their true colors so quickly, and seeing how poor those are.

Are you always this insecure and defensive?
Do you think I would be defensive if I hadn't been treated offensively? Does an insecure person fight back or cower? Obviously you prefer one to cower, just not my style however. Never was, never will be, a tiger can't change his stripes. Que Sera Sera, C'est la vie.

Pretty sad that loudmouthed jerks have to jump on a guy asking a simple harmless question and turn it into something it should have never been (Beta males forever trying to be Alpha males).

Even more sad it is that you coddle those loud mouthed jerks here. But I guess we're known by the company we keep. And if you prefer their company to mine I would be more than happy to oblige you as I will never back down to their kind.

Apparently I am the only one though.

This guy was the one who used the term, "Go give it a whirl" when talking about big timber that was full of hazards, virgin stand in SE AK with ZERO experience, :dizzy::smoking::rolleyes::laugh:

Whatever dude. Go kill yourself in there. When your pinned under a top or chunk and slowly dying, you'll remeber what I said to you about respect for it.

Hey thats what I was thinking. A jackass is a jackass. What can you do? A guy wants everyone to change for him and he's new on the job with a "you owe it to me" kind of attitude.

The only thing I could see to clear up clutter would be a chainsaw FAQ forum, but I am sure they would never find it anyway. The search function is gold around here, that and a willingness to read. Unless you are on AS 24/7 you will never catch it all.

Actually I would assert that I got them because insecure folks like yourself cannot stand to get it back from somebody without a badge. Not unlike a few cops I've seen.

Huh? I didn;t give you any rep at all. I did give you a reply to your original post and I really don't know what you wigged out about. And you're calling folks insecure?

Obviously I like the forum enough to be here and make suggestions to improve it. There are some good guys (and a few great gals) here clearly. But that does not mean that it will always be worth wading through the bad to get at the good. Not even sure it still is after seeing so many expose their true colors so quickly, and seeing how poor those are.

Do you think I would be defensive if I hadn't been treated offensively? Does an insecure person fight back or cower? Obviously you prefer one to cower, just not my style however. Never was, never will be, a tiger can't change his stripes. Que Sera Sera, C'est la vie.

Pretty sad that loudmouthed jerks have to jump on a guy asking a simple harmless question and turn it into something it should have never been (Beta males forever trying to be Alpha males).

Even more sad it is that you coddle those loud mouthed jerks here. But I guess we're known by the company we keep. And if you prefer their company to mine I would be more than happy to oblige you as I will never back down to their kind.

Apparently I am the only one though.

I really didn't see all these loud mouth jerks that you are talking about. I did see that the majority have posted against your idea and that you have taken that poorly.

Let me guess, you resent the "sparklies" because they show popularity, those are the loudmouth jerks you are talking about right? So this over-reaction on your part is because you are not popular......Let me tell you, that you are likely to remain that way when you are reacting like this, to basically a non-event.

I don't personally hate you, so don't think myself or anyone here is hateful. A lot of us think that you were over your head and we were just trying to talk some sense into ya, cause it's what caring people do LOL :)

Huh? I didn;t give you any rep at all. I did give you a reply to your original post and I really don't know what you wigged out about. And you're calling folks insecure?

I really didn't see all these loud mouth jerks that you are talking about. I did see that the majority have posted against your idea and that you have taken that poorly.

Let me guess, you resent the "sparklies" because they show popularity, those are the loudmouth jerks you are talking about right? So this over-reaction on your part is because you are not popular......Let me tell you, that you are likely to remain that way when you are reacting like this, to basically a non-event.

UH OH Dave, that post just got you some more "sparklies". From me anyway. :cheers:

I kinda like sparklies

Sparkles_by_MattTheSamurai.gif

Well said. 99% of the people on here are helpful and do their very best to answer questions. I learn things here all the time.

I was a newbie once, too. We didn't have saws then, just flintstone axes for cutting and dinosaurs to skid with. Figured I'd better say that before somebody else did. :)
was that when the old growth red woods were just saplings ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back