I know I'm going to be dogfood for this but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new cat... pluggin' his own threads already... :rolleyes:

Find a different forum...

Gary

Yup,,peckerhead saying exactly what i'm thnking..
(just kidding MR. Gary ) :)
LORD i apologize !!

The last thing AS needs is more forums and more "stickies"...

Hell... half the time people can't post in the right forum or read the stickies in the first place. Then when they get called on it they whine like a little kid...

I agree with Rexy on this one... :)

Gary

+1 and i am a new but:agree2: with bolth of them

Why do we need a new split when a good portion of this forums content should really be in the modded work saws forum anyway. I am afraid any new forum would lack traffic much like some of the others.

People come to this forum because it has the goods. :bowdown:

Trimmed,

Endeavor to persevere? How about, "yeah, all kinds of angles," or "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms," or "you get them holes to leaken an I'll whip you with a knotted plow line," or "you gonna draw those pistols or whistle dixie?"

Nothing like pop culture advice...

Just so me and all the newbies know, and for future reference, do you get to bray like a jack ass after the first sparkly or does it take a few? Clearly there is a correlation, I just want to be clear on what exactly the correlation is. I mean, I think I have it down now that I've been put in my place, shut up and grovel, maybe even beg for rep, then get more comfortable and confident until you are accepted enough to burn all lesser beings that question the authority of your sparklys? Just not sure when to sew on the merit badges?

Again...more popcorn...

I can see why some of you sparkly endowed folks post like this, I have to admit, it is fun. XOXOXO

yes some more options would make the site much better and easier to navigate. its definitely very jumbled, so many different topics that would be separated, even as simple as doing sub forums under saws: Stihl, husq, makita , etc.. even that would make a HUGE difference, let alone then breaking it down as far as cc classes.
great site, so much info, but its just kinda all "thrown in there" if you know what i mean

I think it would help a lot of the time, and wouldn't be a big pain the rest of the time.

How many times have you looked at getting a new saw/and or just gotten one and are looking for info just on that saw (or at even competing saws) as far as mods and recommendations on specific bar/chain combos, sprockets, tuning etc...? It would be much easier if the forum was cleaned up and consolidated a little. How many people only run a few saws and how many don't have any saws over 70cc?

I realize it's kind of presumptuous of me to come here and suggest a change after only a short time here, and so be it, it's just a suggestion, doesn't cost anybody to read it ,except the host and hopefully it's a money making and not losing proposition for them, and perhaps your boss if your on the clock!

I hope nobody seriously gets bent out of shape at somebody having the cheek to give a little bit of crap back, but it shouldn't detract from whether or not this is a good idea. It's got nothing to do with me, it's just a question. It won't hurt my feelings either way. I would like to see the change so posts don't get buried so quick and that's what prompted me to post the idea, trying to find a recent post on maintenance. Personally, obviously, I think it would be more productive.

Really I just figured if I gave enough guff back I might get out of sending out my two commitments to the Media Cat chain letter, thanks possum! ;)

Last edited:
Trimmed,

Endeavor to persevere? How about, "yeah, all kinds of angles," or "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms," or "you get them holes to leaken an I'll whip you with a knotted plow line," or "you gonna draw those pistols or whistle dixie?"

Just so me and all the newbies know, and for future reference, do you get to bray like a jack ass after the first sparkly or does it take a few? Clearly there is a correlation, I just want to be clear on what exactly the correlation is. I mean, I think I have it down now that I've been put in my place, shut up and grovel, maybe even beg for rep, then get more comfortable and confident until you are accepted enough to burn all lesser beings that question the authority of your sparklys? Just not sure when to sew on the merit badges?

Again...more popcorn...

I can see why some of you sparkly endowed folks post like this, I have to admit, it is fun. XOXOXO

Get a grip on it!

The number of posts one makes is no indication of the knowledge they have. I appreciate alot of the knowledge shared here, and some funny stuff aswell, but I never look at # of posts. Kind of insulting to judge people by there # of posts IMO.

I think it would help a lot of the time, and wouldn't be a big pain the rest of the time.

How many times have you looked at getting a new saw/and or just gotten one and are looking for info just on that saw (or at even competing saws) as far as mods and recommendations on specific bar/chain combos, sprockets, tuning etc...? It would be much easier if the forum was cleaned up and consolidated a little. How many people only run a few saws and how many don't have any saws over 70cc?

I realize it's kind of presumptuous of me to come here and suggest a change after only a short time here, and so be it, it's just a suggestion, doesn't cost anybody to read it ,except the host and hopefully it's a money making and not losing proposition for them, and perhaps your boss if your on the clock!

I hope nobody seriously gets bent out of shape at somebody having the cheek to give a little bit of crap back, but it shouldn't detract from whether or not this is a good idea. It's got nothing to do with me, it's just a question. It won't hurt my feelings either way. I would like to see the change so posts don't get buried so quick and that's what prompted me to post the idea, trying to find a recent post on maintenance. Personally, obviously, I think it would be more productive.

Really I just figured if I gave enough guff back I might get out of sending out my two commitments to the Media Cat chain letter, thanks possum! ;)

===

Bye Jov,
I think you've got it...

Trimmed,

Again...more popcorn...

Kup,

The gang is a bunch of good Joes. You seriously have misjudged, misread, and gone loopy.

Ya asked if it would be a good idea bluntly, and the guys responded bluntly, and some gave reasons with blunt sarcasm.

Stick around and participate a bit, and you'll have NO problems seperating the wheat from the Chaff without topic wrangling needed.

Take the lumps and stick around.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

This group of guys has taught me more about saws than anywhere else. It has been a great tool for me in picking out a professional grade saw and keeping my eyes open for any of the common problems with the one I bought. I am not new to cutting with saws by any stretch, but I am new to trying learn how they run and how to make them run better outside of sharp chains and the right mix of fuel. It would be much easier to find information if things were organized a little differently, but I don't think nearly as many people would come hear and find what they wanted to know if they could not ask their questions of the guys who really know.

I wouldnt read as much if it was split, I like it the way it is myself.

attachment.php

I realize it's kind of presumptuous of me to come here and suggest a change after only a short time here,

Yup...I think presumptuous is a good choice of words. Apparently quite a few others think so, too.

Arrogance, instituting needless change for your own personal convenience, and disregard for the majority opinion also seem rather descriptive.

A lot of people went out of their way to give you advice and help when you were posting in the Logging and Forestry thread. There's a wealth of good information here. Adjust your attitude and take advantage of it.

Welcome to AS.

Last edited:
This idea is much easier on a car forum. We are here because of our interest in chainsaws, that's it - not specific brands (like on a car forum). Car enthusiast forums are usually specifically based on the model of a car - Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Scion TC, ect....

That's when you can have a bunch of sub categories for that car. You don't go to a Civic enthusiast forum and click on "car" like we click on "chainsaw" here. Usually on a car forum there's tons of different categories - engine mods, exterior mods, owners pics, interior mods, NA tuning, forced induction, wheels and tires, ect.....

All of that at once in a car forum would just be out of control. We're just here for chainsaws, not any one saw in particular. We come here to talk about saws, we aren't limited by brand or model. You wouldn't ask about what exhaust to buy for your F-150 on a Honda Civic forum. And since this forum isn't dedicated to a specific 2 stroke engine with a bar and chain attached to it, why should we split everything up??

I could see the pandemonium now. We'd breakup "chainsaw" into "bars and chains", "P&C porting and muffler modding", "sparkplugs and ignition", "air filtration and carburetors", "tech forum", "new saw forum", "old saw forum" "newbie forum", ect. Give it a year and then others would want each forum to be split up not just by category, but by brand as well. :dizzy:

--

I would vote no. I want to go to one place for all things chainsaw related. I rarely ever visit any other room in the forum.

I feel the same way, and I'm pretty sure there are others. Keep it as it is!! :clap:

Trimmed,

Again...more popcorn...

Kup, whatever, just change out "endeavor to persevere" part and look for the point of the reply. Are you always this insecure and defensive? Take a midol.

You keep knocking the "sparklys" as you call them. Is that the real problem, you haven't earned any rep attention? Although, judging by the red "sparklys" under your name now, you have earned the disapproval of your peers.
The question is, did you get the troll reds for your idea or the way you handled yourself? That's rhetorical, EVERYONE knows the answer already.

Is this a "Two Chainsaw Forum Plan"?
Will we then need a "One All-Purpose Chainsaw Forum" plan?
A "Backup Chainsaw Forum" in case the first ones won't start?

How about a "Fuel Mix" forum?

A separate forum for discussing gas and oil? Maybe Amsoil would become a site sponsor?

A simple change would be to alter the site code so it does not automatically include photos when replying with quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back