If you had to choose 1 saw from these

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking to free up some cash, you will get the most in resale out of the 044 and 440. I would keep the 266, personally, because those are great saws that do not do well at resale.

I agree but my first thought is to keep the P41 over the 266 because it will be stronger with a longer bar, but then I thought about how heavy the P41 is compared to the Husky.

No doubt the Stihls and the 285 would be down the road if I was looking to cash out.

Well, I will start wittling it down. Going to have to make some cuts side by side. Get a feel for them, listen to them run. Got to get a couple of them finished to try them out. No love for the old 285CD I guess. Lol

Parts are getting hard to get for those, they are heavy and will always be the 2100's kid brother. Husky guys will have love for them though.

I find this conversation interesting because I just acquired a somewhat beat 440 that runs strong. I have since decided to upgrade my old Husqvarna 61 Rancher to a 272xp. I don't need a saw of this size very often, my Redmax G5300 is my everyday wood cutter. Thinking I might dress up the 440 and sell it if the 272xp upgrade is satisfactory.

My back is getting older with the rest of me, so weight is always a consideration when picking a saw.
GeorgiaVol, have you ever weighed the saws to compare them? I'm particularly interested in the 266, 044, and P41. My P40 is 18.5 with half gas/oil and a 20" bar and chain. No B/C, gas or oil, about 14.25.

I'm beginning to lean towards a 044 simply because all of a sudden I am finding quite a few of them. Picked another one up tonight. This one makes 10 or so parts saws. With all the spare parts I should have no problem keeping a runner going.

Back