If you're on a deserted island, what 2 saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
Wow, you guys do not disapoint.

I didn't want to start another 2-saw,3-saw plan thread. But I really wanted to know what you guys would choose if you could only have two saws to do anything & everything. This is a little bit of a self-intervention....

I got a MS-250 just for "around the house" & it was fine. When we decided to start burning wood for heat, I got the green light on a bigger saw & a MS-660 followed me home. I p/u a non-pro 026 for $5 (cleaned it up, carb kit,..) & fired it up tonight. So I'm thinking, do I have my two-saw plan--660 & 026? For firewood & whatever else, what couldn't I do?

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

660 and 361 suits me fine.

16, 20 , 28 and 36" bars that fit from one to the other and seems to fit every job.

If I were to add another I think something like the MS-211 or 180/181 would find work.

dragrcr

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
if i could have multiple bars, i would say 260pro and 460. if i was limited to only one bar, would have to go with a 361 20", and 460 28"

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
It would have to be my 260 and 460 unless I was in the mood to take the old school then it would be the 306 and 5400. The lime green might stand out a little more in case a rescue flight flew over!:greenchainsaw:

BluCllrSchlr

BluCllrSchlr

ArboristSite Member
Allright, on the island there would be trees, gas station, women, & a Stihl dealer (hopefully Lakeside), and you could have multiple bars. Oh, and internet connection too.

Latest posts