I'm absolutely sick!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how it works in the US but in the UK
1. you would never convince a police officer to attend
2. if he did you have just outright accused someone of doing something you have no real proof for... infront of a police officer
3.probably get done for slander and/or wasting police time
I agree with you. You may get an officer to ask some questions, but he would never (if he's a good officer) come out and accuse the man of steeling this saw without proof. I think hillbilly needs to get out of the hills a little more often.

these stories usually do not turn out well. glad your got your dad's saw back. yes it is replaceable,but it would never be the same.

I think I would call that saw " The EX"! They Never go away, Never get lost, always around, nippin at your ankles. Yep, I would call it the ex.
Well, maybe not, that would give a warm thought to "the ex".

It usually turns out that a thief is from a long ways away. A friend had his splitter stolen. A year later it was recovered in wisconsin, some 80 miles away. Dead give-away was the pinto 4 cylinder motor running it and the owner's name welded in to the bottomside of the split catcher.

Have never understood why a thief steals a working mans' tools, when he is too lazy to work.

Congrats to you on this most fortunate outcome!!

Ted

Last edited:
glad you got it back ,was thinkin about it ripped off yesterday when i was using the ms660 keepin a close eye everytime i set it down ,didnt used to do that ,was gonna suggest if didnt get it back the guys in here donate parts and make a build up of the new 046 for dad for all the contibutions you do, and do a thread on the buildup. id be willing to chip in under the circumstances ,sure others would also

So happy for you and your DAD!!!! I have feelins for both of your suffering. 10 years ago my father's gun he bought when he was 16 yrs old was stolen and has never been seen since! Dad just turned 91 and still talks about it! As you Sir I was to have it after Dad was gone. Something as simple as a single sixteen shotgun or special chainsaw that only to us will remain PRICELESS! Please give your Dad a solid pat on the back for me!!!
Great work!! We are all very proud of you!!! Takre Care!!!!

Brad,
The most elated regards to you and your father!
Been reading Matt's thread (which is still running), and have much enjoyed his praise about your fine P&C work!

...was gonna suggest if didnt get it back the guys in here donate parts and make a build up of the new 046 for dad for all the contibutions you do, and do a thread on the buildup. id be willing to chip in under the circumstances ,sure others would also
Actually one fine member offered a 046 project saw. I asked him to hang on since I though I had some good leads. Now we can save it for another needy sawyer:clap:

To be clear was it left on private property, and not by the roadside?
It was probably 100 ft from the road, on private property.

Hey Brad, I am glad this worked out with a happy ending for you and your Dad.

I think it is a measure of a man that you had compassion for the guy who did the crime and is losing his job.

You never know, something like this might turn his life around.

Latest posts

Back