I'm absolutely sick!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dad came up yesterday and help me cut up these 27 trees for my neighbor. While loading the trailer to deliver wood to an elderly lady in the church, we found a couple pieces that needed cut up. I got his 046 out of his truck and cut them up. We finished loading and took off, leaving the saw in the lawn. He didn't miss it until this afternoon. It's long gone. I live on a state route near town. We are both just sick to our stomachs. He bought this saw brand new the very first month they came out. It had always been kept in a case and looked almost new. The plastic was still so shiny that it looked wet. It had a brand new 20" Stihl B&C on it. I've told the tree guys that I know to be on the watch for it. An 046 in this shape will stick out like a sore thumb. I've checked CL and eBay with no leads. Please keep your eyes open guys, and thanks for letting me vent and cry:cry:

Here it is.

441291371_VKzAe-M.jpg

441291470_TEXwX-M.jpg

441291152_GMbn7-M.jpg

441291258_v7ALr-M.jpg

441291495_fP5oi-M.jpg

441291512_Unsxk-L.jpg

Dang Brad, It Su*ks that you can't leave anything anywhere without some Ahole takin it. if you find said Ahole, Have No Mercy. He Didn't:angry:

WE had already blown all the saws off with compressed air and put them up. So in our minds, they saws were all put up. We just drove off to deliver the wood and didn't even think about it until today. Kind of bums you out when you were doing all of the work and delivering the wood for free:(

Dang Brad, It Su*ks that you can't leave anything anywhere without some Ahole takin it. if you find said Ahole, Have No Mercy. He Didn't:angry:

The owner of the tree company I called said he'll set the guy up if he spots it. By that I don't mean taking the law into our own hands either. Nothing would be sweeter than holding someone until the cops came. The saw is registered in my Dad's name, so verification by serial number can be done.

Oh man that hurts just thinking about it. Maybe somebody picked it up and maybe is trying to find the owner. As unlikely as that may be it is possible.

Well if it's any consolation, hearing that made me sick too!
MAN! That just BITES!!!

Mike

I've got 23 chains in the garage I was sharpening for a guy and I don't even feel like working now. It's not just the $900+ dollars, but the sentimental value of the saw. I hope to own that saw one day in remembrence of my Dad. I knew how much that saw meant to him. His only other saw is a MS180, lol.

Oh man that hurts just thinking about it. Maybe somebody picked it up and maybe is trying to find the owner. As unlikely as that may be it is possible.

I'm hoping beyond hope that it could be in my neighbor's garage. They're not home. Surely they would have told us by now. But then again, they may not know what it's worth and what a big deal it is.

Maybe somebody picked it up and maybe is trying to find the owner. As unlikely as that may be it is possible.

I was thinking the same thing, but imagine you already asked those around where you were cutting. Still -- one can hope. Keep us posted.

Brad.....I truly know how you feel!!! I can feel that gut wrenching feeling just thinking about it. :msp_sad:

When I made the dumba$$ move and left my tailgate down and lost my j'red 930 a few months ago, I stewed over that for a few days. I hope you and your Dad have better luck than me and an honest person comes forward with the saw.

That just sucks, man!!!:bang:

Its definitely sad if the person that picked it up has no intention of returning it. But what if, it was picked up by someone caring enough to know that a saw left in the wide open spaces will be stolen if not taken into protective custody. Sometimes good people are at the right place at the right time. If you saw a 046 sitting at the side of the road with no one around what would you do?? Leave it for a thief which would find it or place it into protective custody? Lets hope for the best

i'm thinkin someone put it away since you forgot it and it'll surface soon enough....
send them chains to THALL to sharpen.....he loves sharpening chains !!!

Building on the goodness and kindness of others theory from the last few posts -- perhaps a "Lost" ad on CL -- with a little finders fee. Just a thought.

Engrave initials?

Any of you ever thought of putting you initials in the bottom of the casing. Maybe a little discrete but a diffinite mark that tells beyound doubt that this is YOUR saw. So if someone ever stumbles across a suspicious saw it´s easy to flip. Better than serial numbers at a brief look.
Very sorry to hear about your dads saw. I got a hurting stomac just from reading the story. Def hope it`s in good shealter from unautorized long fingers. I would be furious in this situation. Maybe a bit on my self too.
Hope for a happy ending!

Motorsen

Brad think positive!!
Maybe your neighbor took it to get it TUNED 4 u!

You'll get it back!

If not I'll chip in $20 bucks to get it replaced. I'm sure others will help.

Last edited:
Back