I'm famous(sort of)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok lets see how pict postin is with this new fangel page.
Ok what the hell ??
Ahh got it but not sure how I did it.
This wus me young n dumb circa 87 a local newspaper guy felt sorry as I was kinda over ma head with this big Cyprus tree. Me and one groundie for 3 days dismantleing it.
I was called in asap to tackle after it bombed a VIP car under it. Should a hired a lift n got a decent crew but it was get here now today make a start.

attachment.php

Not really. Just trying to help like everyone else there. I would give anything for it to never have happened.

WRONG! YOU ARE!! I, unfortunately have rolled up on the scene of several deadly accidents,as we are on the most traveled highway, I-80. 14 years worth of duty station changes across country, man I have seen it all. I have seen men abandon their own family to save themselves, becuase of "fight or flight" no one blames them (I do). I have seen perfectly able men stand and watch while me and some others are trying to help.Been on some real nasty ones, but never been on a scene like you described, and dont ever want to.
To run into a scene as you did, takes a internal fortitude I have only seen in Marines. Pulling their buddy's from a burning Hummer. Risking your life, to save another. Nothing beats that
A true Hero, you ARE!

WRONG! YOU ARE!! I, unfortunately have rolled up on the scene of several deadly accidents,as we are on the most traveled highway, I-80. 14 years worth of duty station changes across country, man I have seen it all. I have seen men abandon their own family to save themselves, becuase of "fight or flight" no one blames them (I do). I have seen perfectly able men stand and watch while me and some others are trying to help.Been on some real nasty ones, but never been on a scene like you described, and dont ever want to.
To run into a scene as you did, takes a internal fortitude I have only seen in Marines. Pulling their buddy's from a burning Hummer. Risking your life, to save another. Nothing beats that
A true Hero, you ARE!

I agree....people get called a hero for battling a disease (what's heroic about trying to stay alive?) and getting shot in the ahss in battle, etc etc. The word has been diminished by mis use.

I was standing on a white oak on a house after a storm, tied in an adjacent white oak, my t.i.p. was about ninety feet. Front page, local paper. I was playing my bass at a Yard and Garden show, front page, but the headline next 2 my face was about rising drug use @ the high school. There was a small caption below my pic that explained. I am famous. Sort of. I am legend. Kind of. I am not a role model. I followed ANSI standard b4 it bcame ANSI standard, and ever since. I am certifiable. I am an institution. I'm bony fied, standard residential one percenter. Chumps and posers come and go, frauds and hacks bumble and trick, I am consistent, ethical, and, thanks 2 Arborsitsite.com, informed. Independant consultation. I do the work myself. Scoffers goto hell. Peace and Happy New Year--Alan

A true Hero, you ARE!

I really appreciate your kind words Scott. I didn't and still don't feel much like a hero. I'm sure you know that if you ever witness anything like that it will make you feel sick. I get queezy every time I think about it. Like I said, I wold give anything for it never to have happened. Actually, I believe this is the first time I have mentioned it since it happened in 06. I got my old computer out of storage the other day since I fried my laptop and found a pic from the scene. My cousin drove by and took a pic without me even knowing it. He got paid by the newspaper for the pic... I haven't spoken to him since...

Anyway, here is a pic. I am the guy standing by the driver side of the white F150 that we used to snatch the car door open with:

Last edited:
Back