I'm fed up with the ridiculous high price of Stihl, Husqvarna top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 355T is a much better saw. Besides being a newer model, it's lighter, has more power, better balanced vs the 360T. No cat muffler.

the echo usa site shows the 355t at 8 lbs and the 360t at 8.1 lbs, not a significant difference. one wonders if the .1 pounds might be the cat. i haven't tried the 355t because my 360t's just won't die. even if you drop them or run over them you could probably just replace the plastic. and since echo started selling orange saws, i don't lose them like i used to.

I have a echo cs 360t and a echo 340 top handle and after my 360 t warms up and makes a cut or 2 and cleans out it hangs with the 200t all day long. Sure it rev up a little slower than the 200t but thats cause of the ignition coil i have no problem running it through 13 inch frozen elm. Love it for the money and if you come across a echo 340 top handle get it if the jug is in nice shape my 340 is small lite and starts very easy and rips like the 200t echos Are very ling lasting engines

I have a echo cs 360t and a echo 340 top handle and after my 360 t warms up and makes a cut or 2 and cleans out it hangs with the 200t all day long. Sure it rev up a little slower than the 200t but thats cause of the ignition coil i have no problem running it through 13 inch frozen elm. Love it for the money and if you come across a echo 340 top handle get it if the jug is in nice shape my 340 is small lite and starts very easy and rips like the 200t echos Are very ling lasting engines

i inherited a 341 top handle from my father. i had told him to buy a 360t but someone talked him into the 341t. i never cared for that saw. didn't have much diddy-wah-diddy and wouldn't stay in tune. i think it may have been equipped with a cat while the 340t had a straight muffler. in the 1980's and 1990's i used quite a few 3400t's. they were cheap and super reliable.

the echo usa site shows the 355t at 8 lbs and the 360t at 8.1 lbs, not a significant difference. one wonders if the .1 pounds might be the cat. i haven't tried the 355t because my 360t's just won't die. even if you drop them or run over them you could probably just replace the plastic. and since echo started selling orange saws, i don't lose them like i used to.
There is no replacement for displacement grind the cat out retune carb and you have a great saw slap on a carlton chain and youl have a mean little saw for the big hard wood

I know where there are 4 relatively low hour 009s I will sell you for $200 each plus shipping. Obviously, since they all still run, they are quality saws. Not true top handle saws, but if you are making compromises ANYWAY...

There is no replacement for displacement grind the cat out retune carb and you have a great saw slap on a carlton chain and youl have a mean little saw for the big hard wood

bike-

exactly what i did, the first day i got mine. but to be fair, regarding displacement, i can't tell much difference between the 330t and the 360t. regarding chains, i just visited my local stihl dealer, needed a 12" bar for my 020t. i don't know if he was bsing me, but he said that stihl now only provides 12" bars in a .043" gauge. not wanting to buy a new roll of chain too, i passed. i'll look for something from baileys.

It's stupid, no way can these moronic prices be justified, and the reason the prices are so high is because guys in the tree biz seem to think they have to have one no matter what the cost.
I refuse to pay 800 to 900 fracking dollars for a top handle saw when I can buy a huge saw for the same price.
So I'm going off the reservation and trying another brand.

For years I used the 020av super, then I got the ms200t used on fleabay for $400 a couple years ago.
Now I'm needing a new saw and the prices are retarded.

I'm looking at various brands but have no experience with any of them.

I'm reading up on the red max, tanaka, hitachi, etc.

Got any suggestions?
I just looked at the Stihl 192TC-E, 14" Bar, 7 pounds head weight, at 30.1cc power, for $300 at the Dealer.

The bad part about stihl now is they are not built in Germany like the old stihls were. Yes they are designed in Germany and produced in usa . Buy a chevy s10 and you get an Isuzu

Why not get the real deal? MS200t. I seen some real clean used ones pop up. You are a climber right it will pay for it self soon enough. Then they still hold the value later if you sell.
because I want a new one, and they're selling for $1100 !!
and I'm a butt hurt b*tch that I didn't get one when they were $600!!
:cry:

:dumb2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

$1,000? I can get a new modded 201t delivered to australia for less than that, think theyre around $600US, or a modded 150 for @$700 and a stock 192t for $300+ tax + delivery...

Are you in canada?

My all time favourite TH saw is a modded 150t, unless I'm doing a reasonable size removal it does everything.

A modded 192t is also a damned good saw, reliable, durable, cheap and well made

In Ontario Canada 700.00 for the 201T But in business you have to spend money to make money. What's next ropes and harness from the slightly irregular dept?

Perhaps the next time you quote a job inquire if they have a power outlet outside near the tree and use a really long extension cord and a cheap electric saw? You can use the cord as a rope as well! ALSO use the cord to hold down the old bed sheet you use as a tarp when you are taking away the trees in your converted shopping cart trailer. Wired Monkey tree service!

Buy the best tools you can afford and they will pay for themselves many times over. Good tools aren't cheap and cheap tools aren't good. Take care of your tools and they will take care of you. To be the man you have to beat the man.. sorry Ric Flair was on the telly.

Latest posts

Back