I'm fed up with the ridiculous high price of Stihl, Husqvarna top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 14 saws in the stable. The MS200T is an every day workhorse, backed up by Echo TH saws an a Tanaka Cs3201. When Tanaka came out with the contoured handle case I wanted one badly but I don't need to buy another saw when these meet the needs. My two-handle saws include an Echo CS-5000, Echo CS 8000, a Stihl MS 460 and a Stihl 066 Magnum. For pole saws I have a Stihl HT101, a Shindaiwa and an Echo PPT-226. I have reconditioned a Mac Timberwolf 610 but haven't used it because it weighs so much. I'm thinking of using it to power my Lewis Winch.
Tanaka parts are plentiful through Cann-Bilco in Pennsylvania. I hope this contributes to the discussion.

I'm a Stihl man but I would take a hard look at the Zenoah/Redmax GZ3500 and it's Husky rebadge, T435. Zenoah engines are second to none in my opinion. I see the Redmax for 240 and shipping on eBay. Redmax has been discontinued since the buyout by Husky but parts shouldn't be a problem with the T435 on the market.

I paid $35.00 for my running MS200T, if you can't afford the equipment you probably should not be in the business. What else are you skimping on?

That's funny ... the guy who says he paid $35.00 for a running ms200t ... is lecturing me about what I can afford :laughing:
So may we all assume you bought your running ms200t for $35.00 from a crack head? and that some poor slob lost his saw?

Ever wondered why the saying "a poor tradesman blames his tools" started?
I've got this theory, a poor tradesman blames his tools because he has poor tools. He either chooses poor tools or doesn't look after good ones. It's not so much that the good tradesman can work with anything, just that he treats his tools with the respect they deserve as the vital contributors to putting food on the table.
Now, go buy an echo or a redmax and mod it. Buy some stihl ps. If it doesn't float your boat then you have a back up saw when you find the elusive $35 200t. How's this - I think going to a job without a backup saw is dumb. Especially climbing, when the potential for something to go wrong is so close.

I have 14 saws in the stable. The MS200T is an every day workhorse, backed up by Echo TH saws an a Tanaka Cs3201. When Tanaka came out with the contoured handle case I wanted one badly but I don't need to buy another saw when these meet the needs. My two-handle saws include an Echo CS-5000, Echo CS 8000, a Stihl MS 460 and a Stihl 066 Magnum. For pole saws I have a Stihl HT101, a Shindaiwa and an Echo PPT-226. I have reconditioned a Mac Timberwolf 610 but haven't used it because it weighs so much. I'm thinking of using it to power my Lewis Winch.
Tanaka parts are plentiful through Cann-Bilco in Pennsylvania. I hope this contributes to the discussion.
Sherman, you look a little like Clint Eastwood ... I mean that as a compliment.
You got any .44 Automags you wanna part with? :cool:
Thanks for the good info by the way.

Ever wondered why the saying "a poor tradesman blames his tools" started?
I've got this theory, a poor tradesman blames his tools because he has poor tools. He either chooses poor tools or doesn't look after good ones. It's not so much that the good tradesman can work with anything, just that he treats his tools with the respect they deserve as the vital contributors to putting food on the table.
Now, go buy an echo or a redmax and mod it. Buy some stihl ps. If it doesn't float your boat then you have a back up saw when you find the elusive $35 200t. How's this - I think going to a job without a backup saw is dumb. Especially climbing, when the potential for something to go wrong is so close.
I've NEVER dropped a saw from a tree

:rolleyes:

:angry:

Never say NEVER.

Now you be jinx! It will start by you dropping your toothbrush in the crapper, then it's all down hill from there.

There are 2 MS 200T for sale locally 400 bucks Canadian so that is what 175 Obamllars? pretty sweet deal IMO!

So don't be a Jabroni and get a good saw, the best you can afford and let your hard work make it pay dividends. :D

I'm smiley retarded, so I'm not sure if you have or haven't. Either way, it's not the only thing that goes wrong. Bent bars, dead nose sprockets, electrical gremlins, the day the choke lever popped off the carb on my 346 and I threw it in the truck in disgust only to work out that night it was a 10 second fix..... You know, chainsaw stuff.
Im getting paid to cut, night time and rainy days are for diagnosing problems and making repairs. Not 7-5 while staff and chippers are standing around doing nothing.

Never say NEVER.

Now you be jinx! It will start by you dropping your toothbrush in the crapper, then it's all down hill from there.

There are 2 MS 200T for sale locally 400 bucks Canadian so that is what 175 Obamllars? pretty sweet deal IMO!

So don't be a Jabroni and get a good saw, the best you can afford and let your hard work make it pay dividends. :D
Canada is a bit far to go for me :nofunny:

Besides, I'm not sure I trust Canadians anymore .... since that Monte Python skit ... (how come there's no fag smiley?)
:laugh:

I'm smiley retarded, so I'm not sure if you have or haven't. Either way, it's not the only thing that goes wrong. Bent bars, dead nose sprockets, electrical gremlins, the day the choke lever popped off the carb on my 346 and I threw it in the truck in disgust only to work out that night it was a 10 second fix..... You know, chainsaw stuff.
Im getting paid to cut, night time and rainy days are for diagnosing problems and making repairs. Not 7-5 while staff and chippers are standing around doing nothing.
of course I have ... three or four times

What's that say on your arm? "No Recess" ?

:buttkick: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back