I'm going to need a new place to live...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Circle B MN
I'm going to need a new place to live...if the wife finds the new Stihl 441 in the barn....:clap::clap: Had some time to kill this morning so I stopped in the saw shop, just to look around of course. Our eyes met and it was love at first sight. Came with a 20" bar that I swapped onto my 361, then took the 25" bar from the 361 and put it on the 441. Now both have a whole lotta snort to them. The dealer wouldn't move any on the price, but it was the same as all the other shops in the area, I think Stihl sets a fixed price for the dealers. I did get a second chain, and of bottle of oil for free though. :)

Nope, you don't save ANY money by burning wood........:givebeer:

husky455rancher

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
youll be fine just keep them apart. if she knows you only have one saw then only use one at a time. a saw is a saw to a woman.

my wife has openly told me if i had 2 or 30 saws she would never know the difference. so the collection builds lol.

actually now what you gotta do is start saying you wanna get another saw. that way you can have 3 and shell think you have 2. that way you can choose which 2 to take when you go cuttin.

smokinj

smokinj

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm going to need a new place to live...if the wife finds the new Stihl 441 in the barn....:clap::clap: Had some time to kill this morning so I stopped in the saw shop, just to look around of course. Our eyes met and it was love at first sight. Came with a 20" bar that I swapped onto my 361, then took the 25" bar from the 361 and put it on the 441. Now both have a whole lotta snort to them. The dealer wouldn't move any on the price, but it was the same as all the other shops in the area, I think Stihl sets a fixed price for the dealers. I did get a second chain, and of bottle of oil for free though. :)

Nope, you don't save ANY money by burning wood........:givebeer:

took my wife 6 months to figure out the 180 turn into a 260:chainsaw:

wdchuck

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's great news, I"ll put you up for the whole summer, or until the logs are cut/split/stacked, then you can go back home and she'll have missed you so much there will be new 660 in the kitchen next to a 22oz tbone, onions/mushrooms, potato and iced mug of beer. :laugh:

Circle B MN
That's great news, I"ll put you up for the whole summer, or until the logs are cut/split/stacked, then you can go back home and she'll have missed you so much there will be new 660 in the kitchen next to a 22oz tbone, onions/mushrooms, potato and iced mug of beer. :laugh:

I would gladly spend the summer in Sconi cutting wood if it got me a 660 and a steak when I got home in the fall.....:)

Bobcatter

Bobcatter

ArboristSite Lurker
Ha, thought I had pulled one over on my wife with some new "garage items". When I got home, she told ME what the total was! :jawdrop:

stupid credit card company was on fraud patrol and called to make sure the use was legit.....:cry:

at least she didn't say "Thief"!

peterc38

peterc38

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
youll be fine just keep them apart. if she knows you only have one saw then only use one at a time. a saw is a saw to a woman.

my wife has openly told me if i had 2 or 30 saws she would never know the difference. so the collection builds lol.

actually now what you gotta do is start saying you wanna get another saw. that way you can have 3 and shell think you have 2. that way you can choose which 2 to take when you go cuttin.

My wife is a smart woman but when it comes to saws, tools, etc she is the same way. I swear I could trade my Kubota on a bigger one and she wouldn't notice.

Course I wasn't too quick on noticing them diamond earrings she bought either :jawdrop:

EastwoodGang4

EastwoodGang4

ArboristSite Operative
Nice saw

Hey if she notices the new saw just take it to bed with you and put it on her side! HAHAHA tell her the saw dosen't gripe, bellyache, complain, talk back or nothin dat der saw treats me good! :givebeer:

gilraine

gilraine

ArboristSite Guru
lets just say the 026 has become "her" saw.. she uses that thing more than I do...we were splitting, stacking and cutting some of the longer ones.. her daughter was helping too, for about an hour and then decided she was going to take a nap in the truck....

Outlander

Outlander

ArboristSite Operative
^ I swear it's true. Seriously.

I have a LB White heater I "could" have put in my new shop but instead I bought a wood stove, chimney and another new saw to heat my new shop. THEN I retired my old homemade splitter and bought a new splitter just so I could heat my shop. I spend most of my time off work cutting and splitting wood instead of picking up those moonlight jobs I used to get, just so I can heat my shop. The LB White would have been cheaper in the short run but, I am going to live until I'm 149 years old and it will all pay for itself.

Now, tell me, what fun would I have if I had used the LB White to heat my shop.

sdt7618

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
I would say they are both orange and white. My wife took two weeks of me tinkering with saw to notice that they were all diffrent saws. they were all the same colour!. Now I have got it down to a stihl and Makita. so I gotta go orange and white or green!

She only ever see's one at a time.

Now the kids on the other hand could have me in right trouble, they don't miss a flee fart!

KD57

Addicted to ArboristSite
I never let the wifey see more than a few saws at one time, to keep her confused. Not long ago I made a mistake and had all of them out for a good cleaning, and she noticed I had a couple more than before.
She asked me why I need more than one saw, you can't use more than one at a time. I asked her why she had 50 pairs of shoes in the closet, can't wear more than one pair at a time. She quickly left the garage and went back into the house, never to question the issue again.
So, I won, and figure I can buy 44 more saws before she brings it up again. :):)

wdchuck

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Me: (hands shaking just a tad at dinner)

Wife: Honey, why are your hands shaking?

Me: It's from using the saws so much.

Wife: Is there anything you can do about that?

Me: Well, there's this German saw called Dolmar, I hear they make saws with anti-vibration built into them, so its easier on the body.

Wife: Why don't you look into that, if it will help then you should get some.

Me: First we need to upgrade the splitter and get a conveyor.

Wife: Whatever makes the job easier.

Me: Thanks for the support dear. Pass the potatoes please.

:cheers:

Last edited:
sdt7618

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Me: (hands shaking just a tad at dinner)

Wife: Honey, why are your hands shaking?

Me: It's from using the saws so much.

Wife: Is there anything you can do about that?

Me: Well, there's this German saw called Dolmar, I hear they make saws with anti-vibration built into them, so its easier on the body.

Wife: Why don't you look into that, if it will help then you should get some.

Me: First we need to upgrade the splitter and get a conveyor.

Wife: Whatever makes the job easier.

Me: Thanks for the support dear. Pass the potatoes please.

:cheers:

Damn, buy her some flowers and choc's!

sbhooper

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
My wife just shakes her head. I would have a problem buying another one right now as I have bought three in the last year. She doesn't get too irate, though, as I don't complain when she wants something. Now it is easier to justify since the saws are a tax write-off and the wood furnace is heating our house all winter.

I told her that somebody on here said that splitters were on sale at TSC. She said we needed one and "just go buy it." That aint too bad:clap:

Guarddog1

Guarddog1

ArboristSite Guru
I am so happy to see other guys go through the same stuff I do. One of the next problems I face is when I ship the saw to Brad to have it modded she may notice I had 3 and now I have 2. I think I am going to tell her I let someone borrow it and have it shipped back to my dads house. Is that terrible or is that ok? :) They do not notice size changes but numbers they always notice.

Latest posts