Inside the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
The deal for the new 241 tonight fell through. I guess we'll have to wait a few more days for the one a member is shipping me for mods to come in.

Anyone else looking to buy one of these? I can't normally supply new, unmodded saws. But, if you want one, I will buy it, use it for a few test cuts, and donate a free muffler mod. The price is $555 + $25 shipping.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Hey Randy, I like the new Chimp avatar look. Snazzy T-shirt there. If I were still with my ex she would demand one (she is a junkie for purple).

If I had a woody for a 241 I wood also take Brad up on the 241 deal.

7sleeper

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, if you think saws are spendy here in North America, look at what they pay for them in the Oz, the UK and the EU:

MS241 in the Oz: $1,099 AUD plus GST (10% sales tax) = $1,208.90 AUD or a whopping $1,052 US clams! :mad: at the current $0.87 USD/AUD exchange rate
MS241 in the UK: £624.00 plus VAT (20% sales tax!!!!!) = £748.80 or a whopping $1,235 US clams! :eek: :confused: at the current $1.65 USD/Pound exchange rate
MS 241 in Germany: 799,00 € plus sales tax (19%!!!) = 951 € or a whopping $1,303 US clams! o_O :( :cry:at the current $1.37 USD/Euro exchange rate

Same new MS241 saw here in Oregon, no sales tax = :D:D $550 US clams out the door. :D:D About half the price. Cheap as chips. So shuddup already...

The above price for Germany (recomended retail) 799.00 has the 19% tax already included so it's only 1095$...

Don't remind me! Because we pay (recomended retail) 889.00€ = 1218$ :cry::cry::cry:

blsnelling
Someone took me up on the offer and I picked up another new one on the way home. I ran them both in the same log. Both saws are on their first tank of fuel. The chain on the ported one was used to fell and buck this tree up Saturday. The chain on the new saw had never seen wood. They're both 16" 63PS3 B&Cs.

The biggest difference cannot be readily picked up from watching these vids. The stock saw runs good enough, but there's a HUGE difference in torque. You have to take great care not to bog the stock saw with it's 16" bar buried in frozen wood. Fastest cut times are with a light to medium load. On the other hand, the stock saw is significantly faster when pushed on, and is not easy to stall. It just gets down to work and moves right along.

We're looking at a >36% gain here.

Stock

Ported

Latest posts