Inside the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but as well as liming,trimming we cut the tops into lengths for what we call sawbend lengths being about 6 to 8 feet long to be cut on a sawbench at a latter date,so some of the cuts range up to about 8 to 10 inch size so thats wear the grunt of the ported 241 comes into its own.:)
So when your at this all day the light weight,nimble little saw is brilliant for this,261 doesn't get used much these days.
Another thing i like is you can put it down for afew minutes and fell afew more trees,pick it up and starts first pull every time.:clap:

Big thanks to Brad for hooking me up with the ms241. These little pro grade saws seem so interesting to me lolol. I can't wait to see what the 543xp will be like too. Its a shame none of the Redmax versions are not available here.

Boooo E-start!

It's not needed, but what is wrong with it. I guess they must have figured that it was just a "little old ladies" saw. Not so! It is a very serious little slasher!
Sorry to be a little off topic, but I guess it is appropriate to talk about the 201 in comparrison to the 241.

They're $520 here. That's still a lot of dough for it, not to mention that a 261 is only $50 more. I think there needs to be more of a price difference for this saw to sell well. Even though we know the value of a lighter saw here, most people will opt for the bigger saw, IMHO. That's unfortunate, as this is a great little saw.

Back