Inside the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Niko's world the 241 will be an overweight pig that handles sluggishly.

Hahahahaha this is true. All you have to do is put one saw(550xp) in one hand and the other saw(241) in your other hand(assuming you have 2 hands). Swing them side to side and you will feel the difference.

I can't wait till the 543xp hits the market here! My dealer is gonna call me when he gets the first one in. I think he said they are asking $560 for them. Hopefully I can have the first one in my area, just like the ms241c lololol… Not that it really matter's lololol. I love light and fast tools, then there is no need to have biggers saws lololol

This 241 gives me butterflies when I start it up and cut with it…. I normally feel that when I'm launching my dirt bike 20 feet in the air at 100 feet out, while whipping the bike sideways for the kids and the ladiessss hehehehe

Nice write up, these threads r the best , I agree w low volt , I'd like to see how the 241 compares to a 201rear handle.

241 would have the initial upper hand being mtronic and all.

Would like to see the power to weight specs then look at some timed cuts. Without a doubt the 201 would need its initial tweeks to make it close. But the average joe arborist doesn't know about modding or anything like that. They just want a saw that cuts wood fast out of the box.

241 would have the initial upper hand being mtronic and all.

Would like to see the power to weight specs then look at some timed cuts. Without a doubt the 201 would need its initial tweeks to make it close. But the average joe arborist doesn't know about modding or anything like that. They just want a saw that cuts wood fast out of the box.

Yea def, I think a modded 201 would give it a good comparison against the stock 241. I really like the 241 from what I've heard bout it, but I have a 260 which is my go to saw and hard to replace, but when I'm riding my 201 has its spot on the front rack cuz it's light and fast. Ill have to try one to see....lol I want one but I'm runnin outta room for all my saws

Don't let sawtroll see this he'll have to edit 55,000 posts and might start :cry:. In all seriousness Sawtroll should get one of these little devils they ARE that good.

I don't really see the point with a 42cc saw that weights that close to much stronger 50cc saws - unless your only 50cc option is the large and clumcy MS261 of course.......

The MS241 isn't news here, it has been around for a few years. ;)

Here's another MS241C that I ported last night. This one's wearing .325 RS chain. It pulls the .325 well. Cut times are very close to that of the 63PS3. I prefer the 63PS3 myself. It's easier to operate and more forgiving in the cut. While very close in cut times, the edge goes to the 63PS3. Now, if you chose to run .325, it'll pull it just fine. I'm just trying to describe the differences.

Here's another MS241C that I ported last night. This one's wearing .325 RS chain. It pulls the .325 well. Cut times are very close to that of the 63PS3. I prefer the 63PS3 myself. It's easier to operate and more forgiving in the cut. While very close in cut times, the edge goes to the 63PS3. Now, if you chose to run .325, it'll pull it just fine. I'm just trying to describe the differences.

Good to see you Brad. I was just reading one of your old threads and then got an alert you had posted so.... Welcome back.:clap:

Good to see you Brad. I was just reading one of your old threads and then got an alert you had posted so.... Welcome back.:clap:
That's my 241 that Brad just ported and I'm expecting great things from it. I ran it long enough to be impressed with its quick handling, smooth running, and quick throttle response. But I really liked the power it had right out of the box. It will be a little monster for its size. Before I sent it to Brad I weighed the 241 and the 261 Brad did for me. These are real world weights w/ full oil and fuel. Both saws have 16" bars and 325 chain. 241= 13.26 261= 15.03 I just can't find anything I don't like and after seeing what Brad did I know it's a winner. Thanks Brad!

I received my ported 241 cm from Brad 10 days ago but, it was too muddy to get to the big oak I had planned to test the saw on. The saw is now a little monster for it's size and is really fun to run. I made the decision to go with 325 stihl full chisel chain in anticipation of getting this saw ported. I felt the extra power would pull the more aggressive chain. I am already set up to sharpen 325 and 3/8. Both my 241 cm and 261 cm run 325 with 16" bars. The 241 cuts very close to the same as the 261 in under 10" oak but the 261's torque really shows when buried in the larger wood. Brad did a great porting job-- throttle response is immediate with no vibration -- the increase in torque is huge -- it's the quietest mm'd saw I have-- and it cuts a load of wood on a small tank of fuel. I ran 10 tanks of fuel thru the 241 before Brad did his magic and the porting didn't affect the idle or how smooth the saw runs. This is a win-win situation for me because 1/3 of my cutting is trimming and the 241 is almost 2 lb. lighter than the 261. They will make a great team. Thanks Brad-- you really hit a home run here. PS-- I have a friend that just bought a 241 that isn't going to do any mods. As soon as he gets it broken in I will use my laser pyrometer to compare the two and also take DB readings and tach them if possible. I will post the results ASAP.

I gotta be honest, im iching to get back out an run my 241 lol. Only problem is the pile of logs is still covered in SNOW!!!

I still gotta do finish up my comparission with different chain combo's for my 550xp vs the 241. I even muffler modded the 550xp and havent had a chance to put her through its paces cuz of this SNOW!!!!'

I gotta be honest, im iching to get back out an run my 241 lol. Only problem is the pile of logs is still covered in SNOW!!!

I still gotta do finish up my comparission with different chain combo's for my 550xp vs the 241. I even muffler modded the 550xp and havent had a chance to put her through its paces cuz of this SNOW!!!!'
I hear ya. I am sooooo ready for spring.

I've got a Snellerized 241 and 261 and the weekend forecast is for rain, sleet and snow. It's not springtime in Kansas. But I'm 10 cord of wood ahead and still want to cut! Ain't CAD wonderful !!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back