Insulated Pex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I buried mine in 6 in drain pipe I covered the pipe with a waterproof tarp. Chances of water getting in should be remote at best especially since the 6 inch pipe was laid in one seamless piece. The top inside the stove door sticks up a few inches and the piece against the concrete wall was spray foamed forming a waterproof seal at that point.

If I lay 120 feet to the garage in the spring I'll probably do what I did here only a bit deeper and another couple extra rolls of solarguard on the pipes. With oil at these low prices its easier to turn on the garage furnace for an hour or two a couple times a week. So the wheels are turning.... Obviously if money wasn't a consideration.....well I may not have an OWB.. but it is.

*** How long is the run that it loses 20 degrees ? Seems on a short run like mine ( 30 feet ) that I could have put it underground 2 feet w/out any insulation and not loose more than that. Is that person in an extreme climate?
And I'm not sure what the pitch of the pex pipe has to do with anything since the pump ( mine at least ) runs 24/7 ??

:confused:

Back