Ironhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinman seems like a decent person, but he doesn't do builds for people or charge for the work he does " I don't think". He does give away saws from time to time, so that helps his reputation I don't think he's out to scam anyone either. I does seem like he listens to every word of wisdom from the almighty ironhorse though.

I'm far from knowledgeable enough about saw porting, or basically any kind of modding, to be properly able to discern between what 's high value info and what 's total bs, but I have to say I didn't watch IH's videos for long, as the 'density' of useful information is quite low, and he seems to be quite full of himself. His video titles are of the clickbait kind ("I will be sharing a huuuuge secret!"), also something that makes me suspicious by default.

Tinman, on the other hand (himself indeed a bit of a fan of IH, it seems, but that aside) is really quite humble, always going on like "this is just the way I do it, I'm not saying its THE way to do it" and explaining his thought process. He also includes failures / experiments that didn't turn out well.
Information density is higher, and for someone like me the explanations he provided with the cut-in-half chainsaw were really useful.

I have no dog in this fight, but there is always two sides to every story and the truth mixed up somewhere in between.

Upload the screen shot / email chain with dates between the two of you, in its entirety so we can see what was agreed on. Without that, this whole thread is a complete waste of time.

I apologize it is a 881. The video is long and painful.......full of ads at the start since that is where they make their money...

I skimmed through it. Looked like nothing just bait and switch... to bucking cookie?... okay.
Probably similar to the inside of her thighs.

Selling your ol’ lady is just wrong
Selling your wife is methed up if that is the case. I didn't stay long enough to see much.
Bait and switch was all they had there.

I have no dog in this fight, but there is always two sides to every story and the truth mixed up somewhere in between.

Upload the screen shot / email chain with dates between the two of you, in its entirety so we can see what was agreed on. Without that, this whole thread is a complete waste of time.
Your six pages late. Where you been?... not living on the forums, slacker 😂😉

That I agree with. Very early on in the infancy of this fine site there was a member that had a bunch of honest folks send him saws to port and never ported them nor returned them. Those who have been here a long time remember it well. There was a famous pic of him playing the snow while folks were waiting.
I remember that.

Don't have a "horse" in this race (of the IRON variety or otherwise, lol), and would never avail myself of IH's services, but spotted this comment on his most recent video. Interesting also, is that the OP hasn't stayed active in this particular thread.

View attachment 1042297
In his case, I would definitely want compassionation too! 🙃

Don't have a "horse" in this race (of the IRON variety or otherwise, lol), and would never avail myself of IH's services, but spotted this comment on his most recent video. Interesting also, is that the OP hasn't stayed active in this particular thread.

View attachment 1042297

The OP did say IH was ignoring his calls, and all IH has to do is ship the saw back to the OP.

You can bet your back-side that if I was the one who was scammed and created a post to alert others of it, I'd be VERY involved in the discussion.
Given all the evidence of alleged scamming by IH of at least a few people, I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume he's busy working for a living while he tries to recover his saw from IH. But you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back