Is this a good price on a Stihl specialty tool set, and is this set useful?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I ran across this set today when searching the local ads and have never seen one of these sets come up.
Screenshot_20200512-091221_Facebook.jpg

Can anybody tell me if this is a good price, and how useful this set would be. I have been doing more and more work on saws and although I already have a Mityvac, but it looks like some of these adapter would be handy.

Opinions?

I have a newer version of the kit. I haven’t figured out how the exhaust block offs are supposed to work. so I still use the rubber hose inbetween the exhaust and cylinder. The carb block offs are fantastic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a newer version of the kit. I haven’t figured out how the exhaust block offs are supposed to work. so I still use the rubber hose inbetween the exhaust and cylinder. The carb block offs are fantastic though.

Being a complete noob to these sets, how many different still products can those carb block off plates work on? Will a set like this cover most Stihl products?

I use the upper right block on the majority of saws but I cut the ears off it. Otherwise that's spendy for a vac/pressure tester.

Thanks for the input. I will probably just stick with my current methods, I just hate making adapters everytime I need to test a different saw. I may just look into spark plug adapters and use rubber between exhaust and carb.

It’s designed to work on far more than chainsaws. It is overpriced but they are harder to come by.

With the Stihl carb block, a few plugs, some tire tube rubber and a piece of aluminum stock for exhaust blocking I usually can seal up a case pretty quick.

I have that same kit, fitting the older "0" series and early "MS" of stihl saws etc. whenever I am working on a later model I just purchase the relavent intake block from Stihl (not expensive) and add it to the kit! I wouldn't be without mine and use it a lot!

I have that same kit, fitting the older "0" series and early "MS" of stihl saws etc. whenever I am working on a later model I just purchase the relavent intake block from Stihl (not expensive) and add it to the kit! I wouldn't be without mine and use it a lot!
If you don't mind me asking, how much do these kits normally cost?

Latest posts

Back