Isaac heading my way!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I love using my saws, but not for cutting trees off my own house! I don't wish it on anyone, I just don't want it to hit us. Good luck to all that may encounter the storm.

Last edited:
The center of probability of the track right now is on Pensacola, Montgomery, Birmingham, etc.

All the areas 100mi East of this track are going to get a lot of pressure waves - rain, wind, and possible tornados.

I lived down there in 2004-2005 during all the hurricanes those years.

Good luck

Thanks guys. The way the models are showing, we'll be in line of fire. I'm located in Lynn Haven, which is on the north side of Panama City. We sure don't need anymore rain, as it has rained most every day and night for the past three weeks.

Stay safe. I just seen this update:msp_scared:
attachment.php

Hey, good luck! Hurricanes are no joke, even "mild" ones. If your ground is already saturated, lotsa trees will just fall over. Watch those rootballs! I had a whopper stand up on me last year, scared the crap outta me, wasn't expecting that.

The center of probability of the track right now is on Pensacola, Montgomery, Birmingham, etc.

All the areas 100mi East of this track are going to get a lot of pressure waves - rain, wind, and possible tornados.

I lived down there in 2004-2005 during all the hurricanes those years.

Good luck

Yea, all the rain sucks. We've had 10" here in the past month. Probably get 2 or 3 more from remmants of Issac. I guess the eastern seaboard is getting all the rain this summer. It's hard to believe the Mississippi is near record lows.

Spent a good part of the day getting chains sharp and saws tuned. I dont think I will get a direct hit, but will come close enough to keep me busy. Debbie kept me busy for about a week afterwards so I am waiting to see what this does.

Stay safe everyone.
As for rain, we have had maybe 2 inches in the last 2 months. It has taken a toll on all of the crops around here.

Yep, now we in Louisiana are getting nervous. Gonna start sharping chains and crank up my favorite saws tomorrow. Gotta make sure they are running. May be my first storm with the Southern Baptist disaster relief team.

Me and my guys are heading to the storm tonight. Going to ride it out in a hotel then start selling soon after. Everyone stay safe. Right now we got 10 salesmen, 4 bobcats, & 50 crew workers. Time to rock and roll.

Back