It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 1 day of sun each year and that's when I took the picture.

Thanks for your posts. I don't think I can stand another sunny, 60-70 degree winter. I was thinking about moving to Oregon, then Ciscoguy01 told me about the Adirondacks, but where you are is "IT" . I just have to fill out this form, it seems easy. :cheers:

www.angelfire.com/hi3/pearly/humor/eastern.html

Thanks for your posts. I don't think I can stand another sunny, 60-70 degree winter. I was thinking about moving to Oregon, then Ciscoguy01 told me about the Adirondacks, but where you are is "IT" . I just have to fill out this form, it seems easy. :cheers:

www.angelfire.com/hi3/pearly/humor/eastern.html

Why bother with the form? Just boat across Lake Osoyoos. But we don't have any crocodiles to rassle, just slugs and mossy stuff.

Here's what happened yesterday. A road builder needed to cut an old growth root wad out of the road but wanted somebody around when he cut it.
So, I said I'd be out there about 11ish and would stand by, and I even had a saw in case his got stuck. A coworker told him about the short bar on my saw, 28" and I felt ashamed.

I showed up and he was standing on the hillside and he yelled, "Got yer saw?"
I yelled back,"Why? Is your saw stuck?" The answer was a quiet yes. So as I was pulling Twinkle out of the box, I explained that I had Princess and Barbie stickers on it. He roared, "Princess stickers! Barbie stickers! ON A SAW?" I then pointed out the ACME explosives sticker and that must've offset the others. I wasn't about to cut what he was stuck in, so he took Twinkle and began to cut. Suddenly, there was a POP. The rootwad and his 660 with a longer bar went flying up in the air. It looked for a moment like 660 would soon be underneath the rootwad, but at the last minute they hit close and bounced away from each other. He then thanked me for loaning him the "Princess Twinkle" and came stumbling down the cutbank. There was a bit of mumbling about princess stickers though. I wish I had caught it on film. The saw and rootwad almost went into orbit!

I showed up and he was standing on the hillside and he yelled, "Got yer saw?"
I yelled back,"Why? Is your saw stuck?" The answer was a quiet yes. So as I was pulling Twinkle out of the box, I explained that I had Princess and Barbie stickers on it. He roared, "Princess stickers! Barbie stickers! ON A SAW?" I then pointed out the ACME explosives sticker and that must've offset the others. I wasn't about to cut what he was stuck in, so he took Twinkle and began to cut. Suddenly, there was a POP. The rootwad and his 660 with a longer bar went flying up in the air. It looked for a moment like 660 would soon be underneath the rootwad, but at the last minute they hit close and bounced away from each other. He then thanked me for loaning him the "Princess Twinkle" and came stumbling down the cutbank. There was a bit of mumbling about princess stickers though. I wish I had caught it on film. The saw and rootwad almost went into orbit!

let's face it--Twinkle ROCKS!!! :clap:

Logging memorial

Took some pics of a recently completed memorial to loggers in down town. Our town used to be a booming logging town but looks like its going to be another bedroom town so it was nice to see a privately funded memorial to the town roots. The Ox stand about 8ft high its pretty cool to have in town.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Saws

Hi,
I am a "flat lander" here in Virginia... but my saw is a Sachs Dolmar 133 Super with a Windsor 38" bar semi-chisel full skip tooth chain. The guy who I bought the saw from was the PNW logging.

I was unaware of this "skip tooth" chain etc... but after cutting my Dutch Elm with it I AM SOLD!!! But Windsor can't even look that bar up it's so old. My adjuster is all the way out so it's time for a new chain if'n I can find somebody to make one......38" chain doesn't seem to common.

Thanks,
Anthony

slowp, I attempted to put some My Little Pony stickers on my saws today, but couldn't get them to stick. Do you have a secret?

I clean the area of the saw with rubbing alcohol prior to putting a sticker on it.
But they don't stay on very long when the saw is riding in the back of the pickup in the rain. That's why you should buy lots of stickers. The Alpha Explosives sticker seems to be an exception to the rain. It has stayed on well.

Took some pics of a recently completed memorial to loggers in down town. Our town used to be a booming logging town but looks like its going to be another bedroom town so it was nice to see a privately funded memorial to the town roots. The Ox stand about 8ft high its pretty cool to have in town.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Great pictures...thankyou for posting them

Hi,
I am a "flat lander" here in Virginia... but my saw is a Sachs Dolmar 133 Super with a Windsor 38" bar semi-chisel full skip tooth chain. The guy who I bought the saw from was the PNW logging.

I was unaware of this "skip tooth" chain etc... but after cutting my Dutch Elm with it I AM SOLD!!! But Windsor can't even look that bar up it's so old. My adjuster is all the way out so it's time for a new chain if'n I can find somebody to make one......38" chain doesn't seem to common.

Thanks,
Anthony

The Skiptooth is really only an advantage with big wood, on big bars, and if the chain still has good cutters, and the rivets aren't slacked too much, you could always just have a shop pull a link or two out of it to shorten it up. You won't find many big chains in pre-made loops, most shops will make them themselves.

Oh, and the sparkley stickers lose the sparkle in the rain. :( The guys will still use the saw, but they ask first and make a manly comment about the Barbie Stickers. Voice pitch and volume is important when commenting.

Last edited:
Back