It's almost alive! My splitter build.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I question the 3/4" return line is the average filter that runs a 3/4" line is marginal for a 22 gpm pump. The filter housing bypass may open to soon allowing the hydraulic fluid to go thru without being filtered.

Mac88, what is your method of bleeding the system. I thought I did.

tipster, I thought the filter could handle 30 gpm? I could be wrong though.

jthornton, I'm not familiar with the valve adjustments, where should I look for that info?

When the wife got home I told her I was ready to haul it all off for scrap! LOL

thanks guys,
dave

Mac88, what is your method of bleeding the system. I thought I did.

tipster, I thought the filter could handle 30 gpm? I could be wrong though.

jthornton, I'm not familiar with the valve adjustments, where should I look for that info?

thanks guys,
dave

Don't give up now! :msp_ohmy: Which direction from Albany are you?

thanks guys,
dave

I just looked back and don't see a photo of the valve but I assume you have a dual valve for the log lift? One side may have a flow restrictor in it or something. Does the log lift launch rounds into orbit?

John

Blazin, I'm East of Albany, near Cambridge, on the VT border. I'm not giving up, I tore the cylinder apart and it looks to be in great shape, I think I just need a couple of O rings.

John, I didn't buy a new valve, I used a single that came in the pile I bought, so no log lift at this point.

When I took the cyl. apart I caught all the fluid into a jug in both directions, I think the air was out of the system.

I think worst case I will have to wait and get the new valve.

I put a new internal O ring in the ram, put it all back together and ran it. Same thing this time (slow extend and quick retract) except no leak on the ram.
I'm assuming this valve was not meant to be used in this configuration. I'll just wait until I can get the valve I want.
(unless I come across one to try in the mean time)

Can you post a picture of the valve ? I have a cross valve and it works ok just didn't have the pressure I needed so I turned it up! Waiting to buy a pump now! Wondering if I have the same valve my neighbor ga e it to me

I don't have a picture but I have concluded that it is a Cross converta valve.
seen here SCV1 CONVERTA Single spool valve

Now the question I have is: What is the application for converting a valve to a 3 way instead of a 4 way? I have the little plug on the side as shown. I took the plug out and there is nothing in there.
I'm wondering if this valve has been converted.
And if so, how would I convert it back? LOL

My valve also has that plug not sure what its for unless it to tie multiple valves together? The big nut has a spring in it is your relief valve there are shims in there and what color is the spring one is either blue or red and red is pressure up to 2250 and blue is only to 1750 psi! I called cross and they told me that I had to shim my valve to increase the pressure

What did you use for shims and how thick did you add?
I'm waiting for Cross to email me the specs.
I'm guessing that this valve has been set up for something else. I wish I knew more about hydraulics! LOL

I looked at the valve on the web I believe it's the same valve I have and cross told me I can change the spring to increase pressure but I already have the right spring! The description says use for two way cylinders so I believe you are by passing somewhere just my opinion!

It had .050 in it already It was at 1700 psi I added .050 to it and I have it up to 2000 psi but my pump crapped out so waiting on funds for a new pump to set pressure.

I wish I knew what was going on with it. Thanks for the help. I know what it's like waiting for the funds.....it sucks! LOL
I don't think I have any shims in mine. I took out the spring and bottom end, nothing else that i saw.

I would plum in a gauge and see what's going on ! That's your relief valve if you got to far it will become dangerous see what color the spring is

Back