It's almost alive! My splitter build.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got it figured out!! I am looking for a bigger tank heck a lot of the fun for me was scrounging up the parts! When this project is done I am not sure what we will do although I have plans for a second splitter running through my head!!!!!!!

It's funny you should say that, I have been watching youtube videos of processors this afternoon! LOL
If or should I say when I get a tractor, I will build a processor.

I have also seen the processor videos! The one homemade one with the cat engine is by far the best one I have seen ill try and post a link but I really enjoy building things, yeah I could have bought a splitter but I have used the store brands and didn't like them and I can't afford a timberwolf so why not make it!!!

Last edited:
Here is the link to one of the best homemade processors I have seen!

Sweet Homemade firewood procesor - YouTube

Two things with this one. It's not pretty enough and it takes all the fun out of it. I've never seen so many levers moving is so many directions. What happens if you get a fly on the and nose miss one movement? But gosh is that thing fast. The operator moves like a stage dancer. I've always been afraid of those large circular saws. My grandfather was killed in a sawmill accident with one of the 6 foot blades. He never knew he was cut in half, I was told.

Well looks like another day to wait. :(
I do have the log lift plumbed and the outfeed table built and painted. I'll get some pics tomorrow.
c'mon mailman/lady....................................................................................

OK, got the part from Cross in today's mail and the valve worked great!
I called my buddy with the log yard and he told me he had some blocks for me. I went up to try it out, the outfeed table works great. The log lift is a must have!
I have to grind the wedge at a steeper angle, it's almost a 45* and when the hard maple split it went off the end of the table like a rocket! The oak did the same thing! Downright scary! I know the wood was frozen but still...lol The first time it happened I thought the wedge went flying. The round was about 30" across.
Overall I am pretty happy with the way things turned out.

Stay tuned......................

sorry, no vid yet. It was purely a trial run. I miss judged the clearance of the diamond plate on the lift table. I had the table up and when I retracted the ram a bolt caught the corner of the dp and wrinkled it up, I have to fix that. Of course the roads had melt on them so now the splitter looks like it's 20 years old already! LOL
No time to grind on the wedge today, I am moving my outside hot air furnace from the shop to the house, tired of paying over 4 bucks a gallon to heat the house.
I'll build a new one for the shop. If you search my threads you can find the outside hot air wood furnace I put together.

Latest posts

Back