I've Been Screwed!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just PMd Ekka myself, to hopefully help clear this up. I'm willing to pull the eBay auction if I've truely done something unethical. But I mentioned in the beginning I bought it to repair and sell and am simply trying to do so.

Apology extended on the case halves, My Bad,

But I still say it should run on the trading post here,,,, for a week or so or what ever the rules say, now that you have it listed on Ebay you are kind of locked into it unless you dont meet your reserve... Just seems like the good will here should garner favoritism for the AS site,,,,,,,,,,,Not Ebay,,,, Didn't you get Screwed there in the first Place...............

I'm Done,,,,, Sorry just a bad taste :sucks:

blsnelling said:
I just PMd Ekka myself, to hopefully help clear this up. I'm willing to pull the eBay auction if I've truely done something unethical. But I mentioned in the beginning I bought it to repair and sell and am simply trying to do so.
You must decide for yourself weather you have done something unethical or not. We all offer opinions based on our own ethics and standards. If you feel that you are not doing anything wrong by 1. selling the saw. 2. describing it as you have done on ebay. than who are we to tell you to pull the auction.

Hard Knocks said:
You must decide for yourself weather you have done something unethical or not. We all offer opinions based on our own ethics and standards. If you feel that you are not doing anything wrong by 1. selling the saw. 2. describing it as you have done on ebay. than who are we to tell you to pull the auction.
I think most of you missed the part early on where I was up front that I bought this saw to sell it. I would understand had I not made that clear in the beginning. The point is, I do want your opinions. You tell me what you think I should do.

Again, I did NOT mix the case halves on this saw!!! I know better than that, thanks to you guys:rock:

I hadn't looked at the auction this morning. It already has 8 different bidders. That makes it kind of hard to just end it, I'd think. Wow, have I got a mess here. I'm calling in damage control at this point, I'm afraid.

I've added to the description of the saw, just to clear things up. If anyone on the forum here is interested in this saw, PM me and I'll end the auction early. Perhaps that's the biggest mistake I made, not just listing it here first. That's why I posted the eBay auction in the forum here. I didn't figure I was excluding anyone that way. Oh well.

I believe you are allowed to pull an auction item anytime you wish. I think you are still out the listing fees. Please check with ebay's rules on this.

If Ekka has no problem with any of this, it may be best to leave it on ebay and let this thing be history. I still think it was a nice rebuild job & should have given site members first shot. As long as Ekka knew what was going on... 'Nough said.

Not trying to preach...But, You could have indicated that the saw was reassembled with good used parts. This would have given full disclosure. I personally don't mind buying a piece of equipment with original matching parts in good shape that have worn normally with their counterparts. I personally would be less inclined to pay the same money for something that has been pieced together even if the equipment works as good as new. I would certainly feel like " I have been screwed" if I found out after the fact that this was the case. I am not saying that it is wrong to assemble a saw from various good used parts, we all have done it. As I posted before you did a very nice job with that saw and should be very proud of that.

blsnelling said:
I hadn't looked at the auction this morning. It already has 8 different bidders. That makes it kind of hard to just end it, I'd think.

Cancelling an eBay auction with bids is no different than ending one without activity. I'm not telling you what you should/shouldn't do, just pointing out the facts.

I believe the truth of the matter is that you are reluctant to end the auction because you are seeing dollar signs. I hope that I'm wrong. Greed is an ugly thing.

I must have missed that point about the re-selling, and i'm man enuff that I already apologized for the Case halves, I just figured the AS site would have presidence over EBay,,,, If no one here wants it,,,, since this is where you got the help to build it back to what it is,,,,, then yeah have @ ebay I understand about the investment thing, look at my Sig,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am of no athuority here and dont pretend to be I'm just a newbie anyway,,,,

Hey if Ekkas Cool with it and the moderators dont have a problem I guess I'm just a sucker for a lost cause successs story and I was just so proud of Ekka (and still am) for helpin you out when u were down singing the blues,,,, figured you cant always get the brotherhood & love you get here that we all have been screwed over on Ebay b 4 now can u????????????:rock: :rock: :rock:

blsnelling said:
I've added to the description of the saw, just to clear things up. If anyone on the forum here is interested in this saw, PM me and I'll end the auction early. Perhaps that's the biggest mistake I made, not just listing it here first. That's why I posted the eBay auction in the forum here. I didn't figure I was excluding anyone that way. Oh well.

General practice in the past has been to list an item in the trading post, or on ebay, not both. But I don't think it's written in the rules anywhere, just an unspoken guideline. If Ekka is cool with the deal, then everyone else should just chill! But that's just me. And bsnelling, I greatly admire your ability to make a used saw look awesome!

:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm inclined to just end the auction early. There are 8 guys that have bid on it. If it's anyone here on the forum, my appologies and you can still get it here. Besides, it's not anywhere near my reserve yet anyway.

Buckeye said:
I believe the truth of the matter is that you are reluctant to end the auction because you are seeing dollar signs. I hope that I'm wrong. Greed is an ugly thing.
No. I value you guys on the forum here more than that. I believe the only thing wrong I did here was to not list it here only for a while. Consider it done. The eBay auction has been ended. I was just trying to be efficient. Sorry, really.

04ultra said:
WOW:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Wow is right, What I have learned in my life is when you help someone,
Don't complain about the out come.
your reward was to help out.

That is a valid point manual :clap:

I by no means wanted you to end the auction, sorry about that!! I also misunderstood that the saw was purchased, and you posted on here, to resell it! My apoligies dor that:(

Now the case half thing, I very well may have misunderstood you, but I thought the way you bought the saw it came with the old style caps and you wanted to swap out case halves to have the new style caps, am I wrong?

If I am, I again appoligize for my ignorance, it seems to have run rampant so far today!!!

Sorry, didn't mena to stir up a hornets nest!
Andy

Back